Girl Meets the End of Junior Year: Part One

Chapter Twenty Four

Cory's P.O.V.

Honestly, parenting gets easier the more kids you have. And if you would have told me that when Riley was first born, I would have looked at you like you were crazy.

"Okay babies, what should we read?" I said to the kids as I was looking through the books we have."

"I am not a baby!" I hear Auggie yell from behind me. "I'm turning 10 in literally three days."

I look at him like his crazy, "Well until then, someone is a baby. And even when that day comes, you'll still be a baby."

Is it bad to just block out your kids birthday? I swear I didn't do it on purpose. It's just that his birthday falls around the last day of school, and this year it did happen to fall on the last day of school. Jeez, being Principal really takes all the juice outta ya.

"Hey Cory." I hear Topanga say as she comes into the apartment. "Look what I found as I walked in."

"Hey buddy!!!!!" I hear as I see Shawn run into the apartment.

"Ahhhhhh!" I let out as I run over to hug him.

"Mom, why is Dad never that excited to see you?" I hear Auggie ask his Mother.

She laughed, "Cause Shawn's his husband."

I roll my eyes at their comments and continue focusing on my boy. "What are you doing in town."

"Well I'm looking for places actually." He said. "I didn't want Maya, nor I, to be far from you guys for her senior year."

I started to tear up, "That is... the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

"Oh just marry him." Topanga sighed as she rolled her eyes.

"But since I'm coming to town, Cory and Topanga, let me treat you guys to dinner." Shawn says to us.

I could eat.

"I could eat." I say aloud.

Topanga sighed, "Honestly, so can I."

We ended up and a diner that Shawn picked. At this point we didn't really care where we went cause ya know... we were hungry. Just happy that we got Riley to watch the twins, and Auggie as well, even though he swears he's a man now.

"Now when was the last time we went to the diner together?" Shawn said as the hostess showed us to our seats.

"Right before the girls Junior Year started, when Katy got the new movie job." I say.

"Oh yeah, she's been filming for Almost a year, how do you guys get through it?" Topanga asked curiosly.

He sighed, "Well, it's, uh, definitely a challenge. But it's something I never experienced before, and I like doing new things."

"What are you, a tumblr post?" I ask him chuckling.

"Says the one who posts daily quotes on twitter." Shawn smiled. "But yeah, she's only there for so long cause she's filming the new two sequels back to back, plus... she's coming down to visit this week. So I was thinking what if have a party at Topanga's cafe for her arrival."

"Hmm, I don't know, we're having Auggie's birthday party this week too." Topanga sighed. "And I don't think he'd be happy if we had them together."

"Okay, then, how about it's the after party for the adults after the kiddies go to sleep." Shawn proposed.

"Hmm..." Topanga and I hummed in unison. "That could work actually, why don't we invite some of the gang too. Eric, Josh, Jack... and I should call up Angela and Rachel too!"

"You should!" Shawn said a little too fast. "It'll give the perfect chance to let the gang know that I'm officially off the market."

I looked at him and tilted my head, "I'm pretty sure they get that from your yearly family Christmas card."

Riley's P.O.V.

"So, Chase likes you?" I ask Maya as we sat down at the bay window.

"It would appear so." She replied. "Do you think he really likes me though?"

I looked at her. "I don't think he'd be going through his much trouble if he didn't. But are you over Josh?"

She sighed and flicked a strand of her hair out of her face. "I think so, I actually couldn't tell if I was dating him because I actually liked him or because I was just excited that he was finally down."

"Well it's understandable, you've been chasing him since you were nine." I laugh. "But both Chase and Josh are gonna be at Auggie's birthday party tonight. How do you think that's gonna go?"

She sighed, she definitely doesn't know what to do. But that's why her bestie is here to help her.

"No clue. But I'm gonna get through it. Do you think Auggie's gonna be mad that literally all your friends are gonna be at this birthday party?" Maya asked.

Hmmm... probably.

"Probably." I sigh.

The next day at school, has pretty peaceful. Or at least for me it was. Everyone was mostly studying for their finals, so the teachers just let us do that along with free time.

I'm currently in study hall studying while listening to my favorite playlist, but not to far away, I see Chase walk in and notice me.

"Oh jeez." I say to myself as he walks over.

"Hey Riley, can I talk to you about something?" He said as he sat down next to me before I could say no.

"Lemme guess," I said as I turned the page in my book. "You wanna ask out Maya."

I look up to see him looked shocked. "Wow, Farkle was right. Girls do talk fast."

"It's just something we do." I said sarcastically as I flipped my hair. "But, she has been thinking a lot about you recently."

He looked at me like he had just won a million dollars. "Really? She has?"

"Oh brother." I sigh.

That night was Auggie's party. I heard the adults were doing something after, which I'm kinda sad I'm not invited too. But I guess it's better to go to Maya's after then to be around my Dad as drunk as a skunk.

I walked to to Topanga's with Maya, Chase, and Lucas. Farkle, Zay, and Smackle said they'd meet us there, but I really wish they had come with us for this walk because I still don't know how I feel about Chase and Maya being together. And they're being extra, interesting, on this walk to say the least.

"Why are you always so cute." Chase said to Maya as we almost arrived at the party.

"Probably because I'm smiling a lot, and you're the one making me smile... so good job." She replied.

Oh brother.