Blackout Status

Chapter Twelve

Riley's P.O.V.

Arriving at Colton's house, so many different emotions were rushing around in my head. I honestly didn't know what was happening. All I knew was that something definitely happened between Chase and Maya at Homecoming. I don't think Lucas knows, I love him and all but he's terrible at picking up hints.

"Hey." I say as I turn around. "Wanna chill some more?"

Maya burrowed her eyebrows, Chase tilted his head, and Lucas gave me a concerned looked.

"Don't worry," I smiled as I reached for my clutch. "I don't have like, meth." I chuckled as I opened my clutch and passed a blunt to everyone including myself.

"Riley, you know-" Lucas began, but I knew exactly what he was about to say.

"Lucas, sweetie, it's just weed." I smiled as I lit my blunt.

As we all smoke, after we all walk inside the party. Colton Nash' s house was in a forest, the same one near where they filmed the Great Gatsby movie actually. Talk about bragging rights.

"Riley, Come with me to get drinks." Maya said, right before I could respond, she pulled me away anyway and next thing I knew, I was at the bar. "Mama needs a shot."

"Mama needs to tell me what happened between her and Chase tonight." I smirked at her and Her eyes instantly went wide. "I might not be that sober, but I can still read a room... or a car... or a dance floor."

Maya's P.O.V.

"Yeah, you're totally not that sober." I chuckled and looked away for a moment, but when I looked bad. Riley was really giving me those sass eyes. "Ugh, okay fine. Something... did... happen on that dance floor. We madeout." I sighed in defeat.

Riley gasped. "Maya, you have a boyfriend... who's my uncle."

"I know I know! Please don't tell him yet! Let me figure this out first." I pled.

She nodded her head yes and put her hand on my shoulder. "I love you, but you need to learn to make better choices."

Says the girl who had four blunts in her clutch.

Chase's P.O.V.

I kissed her, I kissed Maya. This isn't good.

I sat down at a couch near the door, I want to attempt to weigh my options with this situation. I don't really have any good ones here.

"Crap." I sigh as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"What's wrong with you?" I heard a voice ask.

I look up to see Colton in front of me with a beer in one hand and his dab pen in the other. I talked to Colton sometimes in Gym, but that was only when my other friends weren't there.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I lie.

He looked me up and down. "You know you're not a good liar?"

Lucas' P.O.V.

"So like... what's the craziest thing you've ever done?" Riley chuckled as she wrapped her arms around my shoulder. I knew she was gone.

I'm kinda gone myself, but I'm not a lightweight. I smile and kiss her, instant taste of beer and weed. "Hmm. Maybe you've had enough for one now night."

"Whaaaaaaaat? No." She said as she went to pick up her cup. I'm pretty sure the only reason she knew it was hers was because she drunk drew a heart and somehow found glitter to outline it with.

"Yesssss." I insist as I take her cup away. "It's almost 1:30, let's just go back to your place and watch a movie."

"Mmmm," She hummed as she closed her eyes. "Incredibles 2?"

I chuckled, she's so random. And that's why...
"I love you."

She opened her eyes and looked at me deeply, right before she covered her mouth and went running to the bathroom.

"Isn't that the reaction every man wants." I sigh to myself as I go to follow her.