It's Hard to Say Goodbye: Part One

Chapter Eleven

Maya's P.O.V.

I sat on the conch in the living room, attempting to get work done as I waiting for Chase to walk through that door.

But the issue is... when I'm actively waiting for him, not a single email is getting responded to.

"You look like you're trying to stall for time." I hear someone say.

Looking behind me, I see Farkle walking by, with a mug of cereal in his hands and a blanket around his shoulders.

"And looks like you don't look so happy for someone whose girlfriend is about to walk through those doors." I say back to him.

He comes and sits on the couch next to me.

"I am happy that she's coming back." He smiles, then sighs. "But... apparently she's not coming home with me after the funeral. She needs to be back at school asap, and apparently they don't need me back just yet."

"Oh, and your mad about that?" I ask, confused. "Sounds like a vacation from work if you ask me."

Farkle continued to stir his cereal. "I think she needs a vacation from me to be honest. I'm 90% sure that she told them she can handle the work herself."

"Why would she say that?" I ask. "There's no reason for you guys to be apart..." He's not replying as I'm talking though, it's getting suspicious. "... is there a reason for you guys to be apart?"

"Well... things haven't exactly been going to well. Which might be why she left in the first place." He explained.

I'm shocked to be honest, Farkle & Smackle have always been the perfect couple in our eyes.

"Why didn't you say anything before? We are your friends, you know you can talk to us about anything." I explained to him.

He let out a sigh of relief. "That's great to know, also... I think I'm gay anyway, so it's cool with me."

My mouth dropped, not cause I'm surprised, but because Riley did say her gaydar was never wrong.

Before I could say anything, the door opened and Chase and Smackle walked though the door, both of them sweating.

"Baby!!!" We both cheered as we jumped into each other's arms.

"Why are you so sweaty?" I ask, instantly becoming damp from the hug. "And why is your hair so messed up?"

"Ms. Smackle over here wouldn't let me turn on the AC, she said it was a Climate Sin when it's only two people in the car." He explained, looking at her.

She shrugged, "And I'm right."

Cory's P.O.V.

I always thought Feeny would live forever.

But looking in the mirror, as I'm getting ready for his funeral, is really disproving that.

"Cory, the family car is here..." I hear Topanga begin as I continue to tie my tie. "It's time sweetie."

I sighed, "Yeah, I had a feeling it was."

When Topanga and I got into the car I saw that everyone else's was already there. The car consisted of Riley, Oscar, Will, Feeny's siblings Pam & Daniel, Shawn, Eric, along with me and the wife.

The limo was very nice though, the last time I've been in one was when we all went with Eric to his last debate. Only that one didn't have any champagne in it... this one does.

"Free champagne? Don't mind if I do." Shawn let out a sigh of relief as he popped open a bottle and began to pur himself a glass.

"Poor me up too Uncle." Riley said as she handed her glass to Shawn.

"Me too please." Oscar said as well.

Will turned to look at him, "Should you really be drinking before your grandfather's funeral?"

"Should you be drinking at all?" He replied, rolling his eyes.

Jesussss.

"Anyways, Cory, have you decided what you're gonna do with John Adams?" Pam asked me.

I instantly heard Will scoff. Point taken.

"Still thinking over choices," I explain. "It'll be a big change for the family, and my oldest son is not particularly fond of it, so I'm just thinking everything over to make sure I truly know what I wanna do."

"Well said, honey." Topanga kissed me on my cheek.

"Oh please." I heard someone mumble as I was looking at my wife. I knew exactly whose voice it was though.

"Please what, Will?" I ask as I look at him.

"Oh nothing." He replied, without even looking at me.

"Dad, should you really be started an argument before your father's funeral?" Oscar said to him, literally the finest case of using your own words against you I've seen in a while.

"I'm sensing a little bit of tension?" Eric asks.

I dropped my head, "Good job Eric."

"Thanks, I'll be here all week." He smiled at me, before turning back to Oscar. "Anyway,you both shouldn't be fighting. You guys are BOTH Feeny's Sons, and I'm sure he wouldn't like too see you guys taking digs at each other."

Who's "You Guys?" I haven't done a single thing to him.

"He started it!" I say, in my defense. "I haven't said a single thing to him."

"You didn't need to say anything,.." He rolled his eyes. "We all know you were his favorite anyway."

The limo got quiet.

"I thought I was his favorite..." Eric trailed off, sadly.