Change is Normal

Chapter Eight

Riley's P.O.V.

"Topanga, why can't you just tell me?" Dad asked Mom as he followed her around the whole house.

They've been walking back and forth since they came home about an hour ago.

"Because, The last two times you found out and spoiled it for me. This time, it will be a surprise." She said as she sat down in the couch next to me.

Now I'm intrigued, "What are you guys talking about?"

Mom sighed, "Your father wants to know if we're having friends a boy or a girl."

"And Your She-Witch Of a mother's wont tell me." He said.

I looked back to Mom. "Do you even know what you're having?"

"No, and no one is gonna know until it comes." She smirked My Fathers way. He rolled his eyes and began heading into their room.

"Come on." I said. "Throw Dad a bone."

The next day, I caught up with Maya and Chase. We drove around in Chase's new Honda before school. He's a pretty good driver, so I give him props.

"Where are we going?" Maya asked, from the backseat.

"Off a cliff if you keep asking where we're going." Chase said sarcastically as he smiled at her through the mirror. She rolled her eyes. "So Riley, still smoking up?"

Damn. I hate getting asked that question. I don't wanna hear anything about it, because I don't wanna smoke.

"Um..."

"Because, my boy got me this shit straight out the Perth Amboy Traphouse." He continued. "New Jersey's costal, you know they got that good shit."

He pulled out three blunts out of his arm rest.

"Oh shit." Maya smiled while taking one. "Don't mind if I do."

"I advise not lighting that in the car, while I'm still in broad daylight." He said, then he looked at me. "I know what happened, you don't need to take one."

"I'm not a kid." I say. "Lucas is just making a big deal."

I look over at the blunt that he is holding up and take it from him.

"Now Riley, I fully trust you... but we are going to school." She began. "You gonna smoke that all by yourself?"

I laugh, "Change is normal, let's see what school is like from High Riley's P.O.V."