My Greatest Partners

Chapter Nine

Riley's P.O.V.

Even though I've been in class for about thirty minutes I wasn't listening.

"Ailes," My father began teaching, "I know I touched apon this subject once upon a two years ago, but... I thought I'd bring it up for the sake of today."

"Is there a reason why you brought this up Mr. Matthews?" Lucas asked as he raised his hand.

"Yeah, I've had you long enough to know what ever you teach is supposed to be going on in our lives." Charlie Garder added.

"Which I still don't get, but, I stoped caring." Marley added.

Dad shook his head, "I swear to God, if he brings up that party I am going to murder him." Chase whispered into my hear from the seat behind me.

"I'm guessing you guys ether went or heard about the party at Mr. Gordon's household the other night." Dad said.

"Yep, I'm gonna kill him." Chase said.

Immediately the class started wooing and cheering about the party. Chase turned as red as a tomato and put his head down. I guess they had fun. But, I know exactly what Dad's doing. He obviously heard about what happened with Maya and I, and now he's teaching a lesson that involes friends. He's done this ever since seventh grade and it's really annoying at times, but sometimes... it could be really helpful.

Then Maya walked into the room late with Farkle by her side.

"Ms. Hart, Mr. Minkus, you're late." Dad fretted them as they went to there seats.

"Yeah, yeah, what else is new." Maya brushed off as she sat next to me.

"Maya," I whispered to her. "Can we talk after class?"

Dad was still blabbing on while I was waiting for Maya's response.

"I should say no, but, I'm not like you, so sure." Maya said as she turned her head back to Dad.

The rest of the class was a blur, all I could think about was how I'm gonna say sorry to her. She was my best friend, my greatest Allie, so she deserved the best.

The bell finally rung.

"All right. Get out." Dad says as he left the room.

Maya and Farkle got up and walked outside, while Chase and I followed them.

"Alright, talk." Maya commanded, crossing her arms.

I took a deep breath and started talking. "Look, I'm sorry for -"

"Okay, I forgive you." Maya cut me off smiling.

Chase and I looked at each other for a second. Then we realized, that we take what we can get.