Chapter 2 - Pink + White - Frank Ocean

You finally finished all your classes for the day, following the chem lab you had your biology lecture followed by a psychology lecture. You were drained and you couldn't wait to sit down and relax (well as much as you could) at the cafe with Eva.

You were walking to the cafe and you heard your phone ringing. You check who's calling before answering.

"Hey Kozume." You said, still walking towards the cafe.

"When were you gonna tell me you were in the same lab." He said eagerly. You knew it.

"I felt like I didn't need to since I knew he'd tell you first." You said.

Kozume Kenma has been your best friend since middle school. Ironically, so has Kuroo but you guys didn't realize it until high school when you both saw Kenma at the same time and ran up to him just to find out he was a mutual best friend for the both of you. You knew Kuroo was the reason Kenma got into volleyball and was even open to making new friends in the first place.

"Okay whatever, I still think you guys could become friends." Kenma said softly.

"Kozume, he HATES me, and I hate him so I don't really know what you're trying to get at here." You whined.

"Well you don't know that, maybe he changed his mind." Kenma said giggling.

"Why are you laughing? This is clearly a stressful situation."

"It's funny."

"No it's not."

"I gotta go, I'll see you this weekend?"

"Yeah Kenma, see you."

You enter the cafe, order your usual drink and make your way to Eva. She was sitting in your usual booth at the back near the library.

"Hello Mrs Kuroo." She said bursting into laughter.

"I will slaughter you." You said rolling your eyes.

"Oh please do." She said, still laughing. "What are you gonna do? Just deal with it? Nah. Do something about it. You should fuck him." Your eyes widened and she said it and you were concerned for her mentally.

"Bitch, are you good... I hate the kid. Why would I willingly let him inside me?" You questioned raising your eyebrow. Was she ok?

"No no listen, like if you hate each other that much, imagine the sex..." She said, smirking.

"I'm not gonna do that, he's my lab partner, that's it. It sucks but that's the reality of it." You said cutting her off before she could get into details about it.

Sure, you've hooked up with some people before but for some reason, the feeling of some sort of toxic hate sex was appealing. You just didn't want her to say something to make you cringe at the thought. It made you flustered.

"And then what?" Eva asked, stressfully looking down at her calculus homework.

"You carry it over and it should even out, are you even trying? Or did you want me to do this whole problem so you didn't have to." You said to her rolling your eyes and sighing.

"Well I was told the prof doesn't even care about what you get, if you get an A on the final that's your final mark." Eva said resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

"Yeah, but you should still learn this shit, it only keeps building up from here." You said.

"I wish I was as studious as you, like c'mon Dean's List last year, nearly a 4.0 GPA, and you're getting recommendations from profs, that's insane." Eva said, sighing.

"I'm only this way because of my parents, you know this, plus I wish I was more social like you, you're literally my only friend here." You said back to her.

"Come to more parties with me then! C'mon you haven't been to one since... SINCE WE MET! There's one this Saturday !" She said excitedly, grabbing your wrists.

Maybe you would go, you guess it would be nice. She's right, you haven't really been out that much since last year. All because of what she said. You made the dean's list with nearly a 4.0 GPA and you spent most of your time studying, which sparked the attention of a lot of professors. This got you a lot of internship opportunities early on and you had a ton of research opportunities to participate in with your professors. You haven't had the time to go out to party or socialize since you were always in the lab doing research or just working on your school work. School was your main priority in life, since it meant not being home, you were free to live the way you wanted, even though you still had no idea what you wanted to do in the future. You were stressed almost all the time and maybe this would help a little.

"You know what, sure. I'm going out to Kenma's during the day but just meet me before you go and I'll come." You said with a smile.

"NO WAY YOU ACTUALLY AGREED! I thought I was gonna have to force you but I didn't!" Eva shouted. You covered your face as you received some dirty looks from others.
"Okay keep it down, let others study." You said as you started working on a paper you had due by the end of the week.

"Maybe I'll get you laid too. I know there should be some guys that I know who think you're hot." She said as she looked at her own computer screen.

"Uh, I don't want to talk about my sex life right here, right now. You said trying to change the subject.

"You can't call it a sex life if you aren't having any babes." She said taking a sip from her coffee and getting to work herself. You let out a little gasp with your mouth slightly open at her comment and she looked up at you and giggled. She was right though, it's not like you've had sex recently and you had a bit of pent up sexual frustration you wanted to unleash, so why not.

"Fine, you can set me up with someone for a one night stand I guess, I don't really need a boyfriend right now and I'm not looking for one either." You said going back to working on your homework.

"Sounds good to me y/n, FINALLY, let's see what kind of fun you'll be this time." She said grinning.