Chapter 24 - SUGAR - BROCKHAMPTON

You woke up and you already felt like today was going to be a weird day. You didn't know what to expect but you wanted it to be as normal as possible.

You and Kuroo have been talking minimally, just when working in the lab and working on your research projects. Occasionally the two of you would suddenly flirt with one another, for example when passing behind you to get to the other side of the lab bench Kuroo would place his hand on your back and subtly slide it down back towards your ass and slightly squeeze it. In some cases, the two of you would be standing beside each other observing other lab presentations and you would be standing next to him and you'd interlock pinkys ever so slightly or even just walking around together to grab a coffee quickly or eat a meal. Sometimes you would even stroke his arm subtly using your thumb and you could feel him blushing.

You were in the lab with Kuroo and you were reviewing for a test you had coming up. He was helping you with some problems you didn't quite understand. He reworded the questions to make it easier to understand and it was all the more exciting working on them together. You keep going through problems in your chemistry manual until you hear your phone buzz. You put your pen down and picked up your phone.

Kenma

Hey, you busy td?

Wanna talk?

You stared at your phone and your eyes widened. You didn't want to alarm Kuroo with any sudden movements but he already knew you so well, he didn't have to guess you were going to try and hide something.

"Who's that?" Kuroo questioned, propping his elbow on the table and placing his chin in the palm of his hand.

"Kenma." You said quietly.

"What does he want?" Kuroo questioned, there was a sincere look in his eyes and his tone changed to a more gentle one.

"He's asking if we can talk." You said back looking Kuroo straight in the eyes.

"You still haven't?"

"I've been busy, with like-"

"With Akaashi." Kuroo interrupted you before you could finish your sentence.

"That was ONE time, I've been too busy with school and you and I haven't-"

"I know, you should talk to him, I know how important he was for you."

"Are we still together?" You asked out of nowhere. You blushed a little and looked down at your notebook. "I just... I didn't... We haven't talked about it and I... "

"I mean, we didn't break up, I'm just giving you space but do you still like Kenma?"

"I just... I had this talk with someone and I think I know what I want, and I just, it's so confusing why can't things be easy and straightforward like science."

"What... So... Do you like Kenma?"

"Kuroo..."

"No no, I want to know."

"Well I don't want to tell you right now."

"Why?"

"No."

"Please"

"No Tetsurou, not now"

"When?"

"No."