Chapter 8 - Scotty Doesn't Know - Lustra

You get to the library and take the elevator. You really don't think you can handle taking anymore stairs right now. You get into the elevator and look down at the packed library. Sundays are usually when the most studious come to the library either to catch up on work or get ahead. You knew this since you were one of them. You got to the third floor and were greeted by many people in your year. They all smiled at you and you smiled back as you passed by.

Everyone knew who you were since you were in the school newspaper a lot and there were many articles written about you on the school's website. It was all thanks to your grades that got you all this attention, well that and Kuroo. The two of you had done countless interviews together discussing your grades, internships and projects you've been working on. Everyone around campus knew about the two of you.

You made your way to the study room that Kuroo was in and you opened the door, revealing Kuroo already hard at work reviewing some of his research. A bunch of textbooks were spread on top of the big desk in the middle of the room.

"I had to kick out a first year, poor thing was sitting alone crying while doing their work." He said looking up from his computer screen. He looked back down and continued to do whatever he was doing. You knew it was normal for you and Kuroo to kick people out of study rooms, whenever someone heard one of your names on campus, there was an immediate response of respect that came across their bodies.

"Whatcha working on?" You asked as you set your bag on one of the extra chairs and leaned over Kuroo's shoulder.

"Just some research findings from my last experiment with Prof. Takeda," he pointed at the screen which showed a bunch of percentages and outcomes of certain experiments. "Let me just finish this up and we can finish up the lab and take a look at your research findings."

He turned his head and looked at you with a soft smile. This made you blush a little and you nodded as you pulled a chair from the big desk. You grabbed your textbooks and laptop and placed them down on the desk as you started working on some papers you had due for the week and a lab report you wanted to publish from your work with Prof. Nekomata from research you did with him a few weeks ago.

Some hours passed and you and Kuroo were basically already ahead for the week. You guys finished your lab, making sure it was completed and both reports had the same information and were presented in different ways, as every lab should be done. You also went over your findings with one another, teaching each other what everything in the data meant and how all the equations were formulated.

You were fascinated at how smart he actually was and that he was able to keep up with you. Of course you knew he was smart, it was evident in the feud you held with one another but you didn't know he was this smart.

"Hey y/n." Kuroo said all of a sudden after you finished presenting your latest topic of interest with him.

"Yeah Tetsurou?"

"I think I'll take up the offer with Prof. Ukai, this shit you guys have done so far is so interesting. Is that alright with you?"

You weren't surprised at this statement. Like you thought before, you knew that he would probably join in on the research, chemistry was his favourite thing. He just couldn't resist anything chemistry related, and you spent probably at least 2 hours talking about chemistry and your findings to him. Of course he would be intrigued.

"Yeah, it'd actually help out Prof and I a lot." You said back to him as you stepped away from your spot near the whiteboard after finishing the presentation of your data for Kuroo.

"Shit! Really! Thanks!" He said getting up from his seat to hug you. You blushed a little as you hugged him back. He pulled away from you and you guys locked eyes for a couple of seconds. He started leaning in towards you and you turned your head as he planted a kiss on your cheek. You let go of him and just looked up at him. Both of you were red and you felt your cheeks heat up.