Chapter 11 - Daddy Issues - The Neighbourhood

It's been a few days since you saw Kuroo. It's Wednesday, you had finished all your classes for the day and it was only 3 pm. You haven't seen Eva for a bit but she's been spamming you, sending you endless amounts of memes and spam texting you about Bokuto. You were planning on seeing her today in person.

You made your way to the cafe and found Eva in your usual corner.

"Oh BABES! I'VE BEEN WAITING TO TELL YOU THIS!" She yelled as you placed your bag down beside you.

"Eva, let people study please." You said to her as you sat down across from her.

"LISTEN, anyways I saw Kuroo with some girl on Sunday!" She said, you widened your eyes and continued on with her story. "It's funny, she was wearing the same shirt you're wearing right now, but I didn't get a good look at her face. She looked about the same height as us, any ideas who it could be." Your heart began to beat faster as you listened to her. The girl is you, obviously, Eva was very observant when it came to minor details, however explain to her one concept and she'll be lost for a few hours.

"Eva, I couldn't care less if Kuroo was with a girl or not." You said grabbing your laptop and placing it on the table.

"Ou girl, why you gotta be so defensive." She said back to you.

"Defensive? I am clearly just stating that I have no interest in Kuroo whatsoever."

"YOU'RE LYING."

"NO I'M NOT."

"YOUR TELL IS SHOWING."

You tried to control your face but you couldn't. You put your face in the palms of your hand and smiled into your hands. Well you obviously didn't hate Kuroo anymore but you didn't want her to know that.

"YOU LIKE KUROO!" She screamed and people looked at the two of you. You covered your face and in your arms as they looked away from the noise.

"I don't like Kuroo!" You said back to her. "We're only partners for our lab."

"Ugh fine." She said diving back into her work.

You guys worked on your homework for a bit until your phone started ringing. You went to check who it was and it was your mom, still trying to get a hold of you. You let it go to voicemail and set the phone back down. It started ringing again and you noticed that you had texts from your mom and dad. You read through them.

Aimi

How could you y/n.

It showed up on the insurance payments.

What else have you done?

Kai

You're destroying your body.

Are you insane?

Disrespectful and a disgrace of a daughter.

Your eyes lit up as you read the texts and you were confused. How did they see your personal health insurance? You dialed your mom and she didn't hesitate to answer.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah"

"When did you decide it was okay for you to go on birth control?"

Your jaw dropped and you slapped your palm across your mouth.

"What..."

"Your insurance maxed out so it went through to both of ours. I'm so disappointed in you." Tears started to come out of your eyes. Your parents were strict about what you could and couldn't do, they barely knew you, they were strict growing up, which is why you were at Kenma's house almost everyday.