Chapter 26 - Golden - Hippo Campus

"What happened with Akaashi? You kept talking to him at the carnival." Eva asked.

"Nothing really, he just helped me through what I was going through with my boyfriend and stuff."

"You know I could've done that too girl, I'm here for you always."

"I know Eva... I think I should tell you who this man is now."

"Finally... Here lemme guess... Kuroo Tetsurou."

"Um. Yeah, how-"

"Girl you're acting like I didn't notice anything. I knew this whole time and I put all the hints and clues together. For the sake of keeping out of your business I just pretended I didn't."

"Eva what. Since when were you such a detective?"

"Since Akaashi told us who you've been dating. Plus he said you moaned his name while you were fucking him. Bruh, you gotta be careful with that."

You felt your cheeks flush as she said this. You were hoping that Akaashi wouldn't tell anybody about that. You rolled your eyes and hopefully those were the only two people that knew, Bokuto probably knew too you thought to yourself.

"Anyways... How are you and Bokuto?" You asked her to change the topic.

She rambled on and on about how the two of them were doing and everything in between. You felt excited to be in a relationship at the same time and relieved that she knew. You were done hiding things from the people you cared about, you wanted things to change.

"You excited to go to Bokuto's tonight?" Eva asked you once she finished talking.

"Yeah of course, is it just us three, that's a little awkward." You responde, obviously kind of weirded out at the fact that you would be a third wheel.

"Nah, Akaashi's coming, he wasn't going to but Bokuto convinced him."

"Right, of course he is."

"What is there a problem?"

"No... Uh yeah no problem that's fine. We're friends."

"Well that's good I'm glad it won't be awkward."

"Yeah no, it's not awkward at all." You said in somewhat of a sarcastic tone, luckily Eva wasn't able to pick up on it.

It's not that you were uncomfortable with Akaashi, it was that you don't know how Kuroo would feel if he knew the two of you were still talking. He's not really the possessive or obsessive type however, you knew he would have a kissy fit. It wasn't like you had any feelings for him either and he helped you with your situation with Kuroo and Kenma so you were grateful and you were genuinely excited to talk to him at times, you enjoyed the conversations you had.

"What? Is it awkward?" Eva questioned. Maybe she did pick up on your tone.

"No, he's a good guy, I like talking to him about school."

"Nerds."

"Alright next time you need help with homework don't come running to me."

"Hey!" Eva exclaimed as she tried to defend herself to the previous nerd comment.

------

"So what else then?" Bokuto asked Eva as he had his arm around her.

Everyone was sitting on the couch at Bokuto and Akaashi shared apartment and talking comfortably. The evening wasn't awkward for you at all and you didn't feel like there would be any tension between you and Akaashi. The two of you have been talking frequently over text as you found some similar interests such as TV shows and movie franchises and book series. He was someone you felt yourself become more comfortable with and begin to confide in as well.