Chapter 10 - First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

"Eva I still don't understand how you literally cannot do math." You said explaining the third concept on her homework that day.

"I'm sorry if numbers just don't work in my head." She said back.

You and Eva were in the cafe, the way you were every Friday. You both were finishing up work for the week. Well, Eva had you doing her calculus work for her.

"You seriously gotta go to a tutor or something." You said finishing up the problem for her before giving her the sheet with your work on it so she could read it and understand it for herself.
"Why get a tutor when I have you." She said with a smile.

"Yeah right, how are you and Bokuto by the way?" You asked her, shifting away from the topic of school. You liked talking to her about non-related school topics and it was nice hearing about her social life, rather than just talking about how smart you are.

"Oh, I haven't talked to him a while but that's because of school and stuff, but we're going out this weekend, and I think after Akaashi's coming with us too." She said putting her chin in the pal of her hand and leaning her elbow on the table. "Why don't you come with us?" She asked. This weekend wouldn't work for you.

You had a lot to do this weekend. One of your professors asked for you to write a report for them and you still had plenty of reports and articles to write for your classes and more research to do.
"Babes. Not this weekend, I'm extremely busy." You said your eyes glued to your computer screen.

"Aw shit really? That sucks." She said looking at you. Her eyes sharpened and a soft smile came across her face as she watched you hard at work. She was fascinated by the way you were able to get so much work done throughout the week.

"Man, I really wish I worked as hard as you, you're really something special. How's the mystery man by the way? Have you talked to him?" She asked, this made you lift your head and look her dead in the eyes. You saw Kuroo a lot more than usual because of the projects you were put on together. Your time with Kuroo was to be kept a secret from Eva and Kenma.

"I've talked to him." Is what you were able to say as you looked at her with a serious face.

"Just talked." She said, smirking at you. "Are you sure you're not busy with him this weekend?"
"Oh trust me, if I was you would know." You said glancing back down at the chemistry problems brightly lit up on your screen.

---

Your alarm was going off and you sprung to your feet to open the curtains for your window. It was 8 am and you wanted to get to the library before it opened so you established your spot for the day. You grabbed your already packed back and put on some comfortable pants and a nice sweater to match it. You put your hair up and left your room.

You made your way to the bathroom to wash your face and use the bathroom before you headed to the cafeteria to go pick up breakfast to go. The library opened at 9 am so it gave you enough time to go run to the cafe and grab some coffee as well as go to the cafeteria to grab breakfast.

You walked through campus admiring the buildings of your school. The architecture was really nice and you appreciated it. It was a clean looking campus and very pleasing to the eyes. You walked on the trail towards the cafe.

As you entered the cafe you were greeted by the barista that was there every Saturday.

"Hey y/n, the usual?" He asked you, already punching it into the machine.
"Yeah, thanks Levi." You said back to him.
"It's on the house, don't worry." He said winking at you.
"Nah, Levi, stop I'll use my points."  You said to him, you hated when people paid for you, it just made you feel bad.
"Y/n it's fine, first customer today might as well." He said to you with a soft smile.
"Fine." You moved to the side of the counter waiting for him to brew your drink. You were thankful for nice people like him.
"Here you go m'lady." He said handing you the cup. The phrase reminded you of Kuroo causing you to blush.
"Thank you kind sir." You took it from her and walked out of the cafe turning back to wave at him as you pushed the door open.