Chapter 14 - Trust - Brent Faiyaz

"Are you excited for tonight?? I'm soooo excited!!! Prof Ukai is actually letting us try and perform the mock experiment!" You looked up at Kuroo as the two of you were working on your next lab assignment. His hair elegantly swooped in front of his right eye and was gelled upwards, he looked very sophisticated as always. He was wearing another black turtleneck and slim grey pants with comfortable matte black shoes. The way he dressed for classes was very charming and it made him a lot more attractive than he already was.

"Of course. I know it's so interesting! I can't wait." He said, giving you a smile. You felt him place his hand on the crook of your back as he was going around you to get to the other side of the lab bench. You turned your head to look at him and you felt flustered. You were still embarrassed about the texts that you sent him last weekend but he hasn't brought them up.. "How are your other projects going?" He asked as you were writing out calculations on your report. He was now standing behind you and he placed one hand on your waist as he leaned over your shoulder. You felt the tension that was so heavily situated between the two of you and butterflies were welling up in your stomach. You squeezed your thighs together and bit your lip. You elbowed him off of you.

"Kuroo not now." You whispered as he backed away a bit before coming beside you. "They're going well but slowly, it's a shit ton of work." You answered his question.

"Then when?" He asked again leaning into your side as he looked down at you. You blushed and looked away from his eyes to continue working on your calculations. "That's good, I mean it's better to be precise right?"

"I don't know yet." You said to him with your eyes fixated on your work. "I thought it was gonna be a one time thing."

"Didn't seem like you wanted it to be just a one-night stand."

"You don't know that."

He leaned in again, "Yeah? That's why you were begging right?" He smirked at you as he went to look at his own calculations to see if they matched yours. You were extremely flustered and had trouble focusing on your own work for a bit. The image of your last time with Kuroo was flooding your mind and you squeezed your thighs at the thought. Don't get distracted, don't get distracted, focus. Need to focus. Don't like Kuroo. Don't like Kuroo. You punched his arm as a response and he looked at you still with the cunning smirk he always had on when you knew he was right.

"I think our calculations are good, we can work on the write up later." He said getting serious about the lab for the first time today. You nodded as you started to pack away your notes and shoved them into your bag. The two of you cleaned your area and walked out of the room.

"I'll see you later tonight." You said as the two of you stood outside the lab.

"See you angel." He leaned in making you stumble a bit and brushed his lips against your ear as he said the words. You punched his arm once again and he pulled back and gave you a wink before walking in the opposite direction.

--------

"Why don't you wanna comeeee, Akaashi's gonna be thereeee." Eva whined. She was trying to convince you to go out with her. It was the middle of the week and you knew you were going to be tired after you worked on your experiment tonight.

"For the last time NO! I'm gonna be in the lab late tonight." You said back to her as you took a sip from your coffee.

"Oh c'mon please, for me."

"No Eva."

"If you change your mind just call me."

"Fine." You gave her a cold stare as she grinned at you, her teeth shining with the sunset bouncing off of them. "I'm gonna get ready for the lab now." You said getting up from your chair and grabbing your bag, coffee still in hand.