Chapter 31- Call Out My Name - The Weeknd

"So what was your final grade in Psych then?" Kuroo raised an eyebrow at you. "I still don't understand why you had to take it.

"I finished with a 92. It's fine, it's an elective, it goes towards some medical field stuff and I honestly think that's the last one I have to take. Also why did you take an accounting course?"

"Because I like numbers."

"You like torture."

"Well maybe that too."

The two of you were talking about final grades and all your accomplishments that year. We talked about the papers you wrote and everything in between.

Kuroo was mainly impressed that you got published in a popular science journal. Your article was peer reviewed and edited and was looked thoroughly over by Professor Ukai and he was the one that submitted it for the journal. You couldn't believe the positive criticism and response you were getting from it.

"I'm so proud and jealous at the same time. I can't believe it, you're incredible." He says, you can tell from his eyes how he really means those words.

"What are you going to do to keep up with me?"

"You know, I have my own projects myself."

"Right, and our project is almost done and then we can publish the findings and it'll give us so much good credibility, especially with Ukai's name tied into it."

"I know, he loves us in his lab together."

"Well he loves our brains, I don't think he should know we were in the lab.. Alone together."

Kuroo laughed as he knew what you were referring to, that night in the lab where there weren't a lot of clothes involved; a safety precaution nonetheless.

"Anyways, I got a lot of offers coming up from a lot of professors, I think I'm going to go into academia, I feel like it suits me and what I really want to do." He said with excitement, bringing a smile to your face, you really couldn't be any happier for him.

"I think I'm going to stick with medical research. It has a lot of what I want to get into and I can keep working with Ukai in his lab, start up as a TA next year and get into a lot more specific things about neurology, I think it's a decent choice I picked up the Psychology credit because I can do more electives involving the effects of the nervous system and the brain and all the psychological effects."

"Someone's a nerd."

"Yeah, you." You smirked at him.

"You're funny."

"I know I am." You smiled and you watched as the sun hit Kuroo's eye perfectly, as if there was a sparkle in his eye.

"Right, did you pack for the trip yet?" Kuroo looked at you eagerly. You were excited, the two of you were going on a trip to Hawaii together after you both finished up some research that your professors asked you to do and you were helping one of your classmates with an article that was going to be published in a journal.

"Yes yes, I have everything planned out. We leave at 5am because it takes an hour to get to the airport and our flight is at 9am, yes baby."

"Good. Just making sure."

"You know how much I love you right?" You smiled and looked at him.

"I know you lost a bet a little while ago." You half scoffed at him as your cheeks turned a shade of bright pink. "I don't know how much you love me."

"I love you 6.022 times 10 to the 23rd times 2 times 5 times 100 moles per atom."

"You fucking nerd. I love you too."