chapter 11

"I already forgave you long ago. I was just playing with you," I waved my hands in a joking manner smiling.

"You scared me. Wahhh! I thought I will lose you," Venti whined.

"Sorry..." I apologized and hugged him.

"Can you not scare me like that! You're my everything," Venti cried out.

"O-okay." I blushed a bit.

"We should go back to our room," I said.

"No I want to stay like this...for a while, maybe a little longer." Venti smiled and a drop of tears streamed down his face.

We stayed like this for a while before going back to headquarters to sleep. We did the same thing for the next few days and had fun around Mondstadt.

"Let's go back tomorrow," I told Venti, he immediately agreed with no hesitation.

"Are you coming with me?" I asked.

"No...I need to go and look for a friend," He replied.

"Oh..." I said, disappointed a little.

I don't want him to leave! Not now or tomorrow! I'm going to stop him from seeing his friend.

I pulled Venti into a kiss. He was surprised, I was surprised my body moved on its own.

"I'm so sorry!" I instantly apologized.

"I like you! I really like you a lot!" I confessed straight away.

"I love you too Y/n! Would you like to be my girlfriend!?" Venti asked enthusiastically.

I immediately nodded. We held hands, this wasn't our first time. However, it feels like our first time as a couple.

What do we do now!?

"Let's go and eat at...uh maybe the good hunter?" I suggested.

Venti nodded nervously.

"Why are we so nervous?" Both of us thought.

We just sat there... awkwardly eating. Venti and I were just looking at each other and then we looked away very quickly. Yes, we were very awkward. After eating, we sat on our bed. The vibe was so different from yesterday.

"We should get to sleep now..." I said.

"Yea...ah...haha..." Venti let out an awkward giggle. We slipped under the covers, our back facing each other.

I can't sleep... I'm so nervous...this is nothing new. Yea! Nothing new!

I shifted myself and hugged Venti's back. It felt a lot more comfortable. I was used to sleeping in close contact with Venti if he was ever around.

"Are you okay?" Venti asked, turning around, curious why you suddenly hugged him.

"I'm used to this." I simply responded.

"I see... you're my body pillow forever and my wife," Venti said.

"We're not even married," I mumbled and pouted.

"Fine, you're forever my girlfriend." Venti corrected his sentence.

"I will be your wife in the future though..." I smiled.

"Let's get to sleep." Venti smiled, stroking my head.

In the morning,

"Let me brush your hair!" I yelled chasing Venti in the room.

"No! My hair is perfectly fine!" Venti stuck out his tongue.

"Have you ever look at yourself in the mirror?!" I yelled.

"No...have YOU looked at yourself in the mirror?" Venti snickered.

"Yours is way messier than mine." He added shortly.

He pointed out my hair that was sticking out of place. I grabbed his hair made it messy.

"Look your hair is messy! I get to comb it right?" I asked, with a mischievous face.

"Why did you mess it up..." Venti touched his hair with a worried face.

Venti pouted and finally agreed to me combing his hair. I sat him down on a chair and brushed his hair. His hair quality was soft and silky smooth.

"C'mon let's start to go back home. First, let's say goodbye to Jean," I told him.

"But aren't gods supposed to disappear anytime they want?" Venti asked.

"You really don't have any manners. Saying goodbye to the host is at least a way to tell them that we're safe and they do not need to worry about us once we leave," I explained.

"Ohhhh okay...let's go now then," Venti said nodding his head, with a stupid smile on his face.

"Hello, Jean!" Venti said out loud once he opens her door to the office.

"Hello, Venti and...oh right I didn't get your name. You are?" Jean asked.

"Y/n but call me Atsume for my mortal form," I replied.

"Your culture from your place is also like the culture from Inazuma am I right?" Jean inquired.

"Yes that's why Baal decided to take my land since my culture and hers has no difference," I replied.

"Oh, I see. Well then, be safe my dear 2 gods may your travels in the future be safe." Jean wished us off.

I bowed to her telling her my thanks. Venti teleported us back into the greenhouse again.

"Mondstadt is certainly interesting!" I told him.

"So would you like to visit more often?" Venti asked, with a little shine in his eyes.

I just nodded and then went out to my garden. As expected, the maids took well care of them. I looked around smelling the freshly produced oxygen (not me just applying science yuh I'm bored) by the plants. I then smell a sweet scent. It was weird, I never smelled a sweet scent here before.

I followed the scent leading to a small white flower, about the size of a raisin. It was hanging from its green stem under the unbearing sunlight. It was a Lily Of The Valley flower. Venti walked beside me and squat down. He looked at the flower and asked. "Is it edible?"

He plucked one flower off and was about to put it in his mouth.

"Don't put it in your mouth!" I yelled at him.

He looked at me confused and decided to put it in his mouth.

"Venti! That flower is poisonous if indigested! Spit it out!" I yelled at him.

"But, I won't die, I'm a god remember?" He asked.

"A god without gnosis that is," I simply replied.

"Nooo don't be so mean to me!" Venti whined.

"Spit the flower out," I demanded.

"Fine..." Venti agreed as he spits out the chewed up flower that is saturated with his saliva.

"Let's go back to my room, I want to read," I said.

Venti followed me back to my room, "I really want to visit the celestial heavens but I need my gnosis." Venti said.

"Why do you want to go up there?" I asked.

"I want to ask about something," Venti replied.

"Yours was stolen right?" I asked.

He nodded and sighed, he slowly falls asleep leaning against my body. "His body is going to ache..." I thought and laid his body down onto my futon and covered him with my blanket. The next morning, Venti woke up with an unusual feeling.

No one's pov

Why was his bedside empty? He didn't give much thought to it. He roamed around the house and then the greenhouse. "I can smell her scent, but she's not near me at all!" Venti panicked.

You were there with him reading a book yesterday. He knows you're alive! but you suddenly went missing! He knows you are somewhere in Teyvat but he does not know where! He asked the winds where you had gone, but no traces were found. He asked his dear friend, Dvalin, for help yet he too has no clue. How could you just disappear?