Chapter 16

"I want to experience new things as new Y/n!" You exclaimed.

"Fine. But if you ever change your mind tell me okay?" Venti reminded me.

You nodded with a smile. On the way back to Mondstadt you saw a bunch of birds hanging out near a kid on a stone bridge.

"Tone-deaf bard...use your elemental burst. I need fowl," you requested.

Venti sighed before he launched his elemental burst. A black hole vortex was made, sucking in the birds eventually killing them. You went to pick up the fowl that fell on the ground. The little boy on the bridge was crying. You wanted to give him fowl to cheer him up. However he rejected your kindness and called you a murderer.

"What's the point of killing them?" Venti stared at you dead in the eyes 

"Ingredients!" You immediately replied.

"May the anemo archon protect you," a civilian went up to you and wished you well.

"Oh the anemo archon? He did shit," you responded to her comment.

Both Venti and the civilian stood shocked at your comment while you walked away.

"You must be that famous bard! I really love your voice! Please be my lover! I even composed a song for you!" The civilian said.

"Sorry, I forgot someone," you sarcastically said and dragged Venti out of the civilian's view.

You were practically hot under the collar giving a very exasperated face to her. You didn't understand why you were feeling ballistic towards that civilian.

"Y-Y/n are you okay?" Venti asked, he's never seen you act like this before.

"I don't know...I suddenly felt so angry seeing her ask you out like that," you shyly replied, your face growing red.

"You're jealous!" Venti said ecstatically.

"I'm not!" You glowered with a tint of blush on your face.

"Yes, yes you're not. I've not seen you this jealous before," Venti chuckled.

"Tone-deaf bard!" You yelled his name out of embarrassment.

"Paimon wonders how those two are coping," Paimon squeaked. "I hope they didn't break up or something."

"Are you wishing them bad luck?" Aether asked.

"Of course not! I would NEVER wish for a couple to break up!" Paimon retorted. "Hey! Are you saying Paimon is a bad person?" 

"If you were, I would have boiled you and eaten you up already. My sister told me not to stay with negative people," Aether smirked.

"Right...your sister...let's try to head to Inazuma," Paimon said as she floated away with aether.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!" Venti repeatedly said as he snuggled into your arms.

Maybe that's why I fell in love with him. He radiates freedom. God of freedom...

"It's getting late...we should sleep," you looked out of your window as the moonlight casted on both of you. 

The room was dark, with the moonlight as the only light source. The atmosphere didn't feel lonely, instead it felt warm. You smiled like an idiot stroking Venti's head.

"I don't want to~" Venti whined. "I want to stay in your arms!~"

"You will be in my arms even if we are asleep. So come on, let's sleep!" You persuaded him.