Chapter 18

Why isn't she back yet..? Is she staring at Noelle?

Venti sat on the edge of the bed shaking his legs. When you finally opened the door and saw Venti sitting there. He turned his head and smiled at you.

"Sorry, Venti. I'm sorry for being inconsiderate towards your feelings. Please forgive me," you bowed sincerely.

Venti's eyes welled up with tears. He could not hold them any longer. He clung onto both your arms and slid down slowly onto his knees. He hugs your waist tight as tears slowly streamed down his cheeks. You felt so sorry for him. You kneeled and hugged him tightly.

"Don't leave me..." He sobbed.

You were surprised. This is your first time seeing someone close to you cry. You are the reason they are crying. You do not know what to do other than apologise. All you can do now is to hug him. Both of you stayed together until dawn whilst sleeping on the floor.

"Today we should start heading back to Li Yue. What do you think?" Venti asked.

"Yeah... let's get going. I need to get your gnosis anyway," you replied.

Both of you said goodbye to Jean. You felt so ashamed that Venti still allowed you to hold his hand. You hope that you would never make this mistake again. Upon arrival in Li Yue, you suspected Childe is near Zhong Li. From what you heard from the traveller. Childe is always near Zhong Li. A walking bank and a walking encyclopedia. Maybe they sort of match well? Both are at least rich in something.

"Hello, Childe and Zhong Li. You have done your research I assume? Childe," you asked.

"Yes, this is the map of the Zapolyarny Palace. It's in this room," Childe pointed on the map. "Just to let you know. She has weapons specifically made for wiping out an archon. Their soul will disperse all around teyvat to no point of return. So be careful when you start adventuring to Zapolyarny Palace."

"Thank you for your assistance. Have a nice day Childe," you thanked and walked towards Wang Shu inn.

You got a room with Venti again. You sat on the bed, still very ashamed. Venti still had a big smile on his face. How can someone smile like that? Just right after someone has hurt them.

"I want to cuddle with you and then I want you to meet a friend of mine," he pounced on you.

He wrapped his arms around your waist and laid his head on your neck nook. His breath hit your neck made you feel tingly all over your body.

"Why's your body temperature rising?" Venti asked as his hand grazed over your arm. "What are you thinking?"

"N-nothing!" You immediately replied.

"It would be nice if we can stay like this. No interruptions would be the best don't you think?" Venti asked.

You hummed in response. You have no words for that statement he made. Venti got up and walked towards the exit of the room. A figure suddenly appeared.

"This is my friend Xiao. What do you think of him?" Venti asked.

"Venti...are people in teyvat this cute!? Come on he looks like an absolute fluff ball!" You replied.

"I am not worthy of such compliment," Xiao responded.

"Take it. I think you're cute too," Venti remarked.

"I will accept both your compliments," Xiao sighed. "I have duties to fulfil. I will take my leave."

Xiao left frankly. He felt a bit happy to have two people complimenting him. You thought how cute he was receiving those compliments, like a child finally getting attention from their parents.