Chapter 12

Venti's pov

"Where did you go!? You were with me right there yesterday! Flowers! If I can talk to flowers or plants, maybe I could..."

"You asked for us?" A gentle, soft voice spoke out.

"Who is this speaking?" I asked.

"Flowers and plants. Did you forget about us miss?" The plant said.

"I think she chose a new person," Another plant spoke. 

Shouldn't only she be able to hear the plants talk? Why can I hear them? No! it can be! Did she give me her gnosis?

I touch my chest and felt another power in me. It's surely her scent, but why did she give it to me? My mind went insane wondering all sorts of reasons why she gave me her gnosis.

Last night, Y/n Pov

Aw, he's so adorable when he sleeps.

I cupped Venti's cheeks.

He doesn't have a lot of meat though...he should eat more.

I was very bothered by his not so chubby cheeks that I can't even squeeze.

"Sorry for what I'm going to do Venti...you waited for so long, yet you get this," I placed my hand and patted his head.

I will be going on an adventure...what kind? I will tell you when we meet again..." I placed my lips on his and stayed there for a few seconds. 

"You know they say the most dangerous place is the safest? Or something that goes along that line? I will pass my gnosis to you. Just in case the Fatui finds it they can't take it from me since you're far. It will be safe with you. You said you wanted to visit the celestial heavens too. You can use my gnosis now to go ask them any questions, that you want to clarify," I spoke softly, a couple of tears fell onto his face.

"Why am I so emotional?" I asked myself, a couple more fell.

"I guess this is what happens when you don't want to leave your significant other," I wiped my tears and slapped my cheeks to not cry anymore.

I took my gnosis out and thrust it into his chest. I felt a bit of my powers leaving my body. I changed my clothing and set out on my journey that I'm going to take. I took a deep breath and said, "Let's go and get Venti's gnosis back!"

"Y/n-sama!" Shi Hui called out.

"May I inquire where are you going?" Shi Hui inquired.

"I will be getting something back. While I'm gone, take care of this place please," I smiled.

"Sorry...I bothered you with another responsibility again after I came back," I apologized and went to Li Yue Harbour first.

I didn't need to take a boat or anything. I simply transported through plants, which cost me my stamina. To get from an Island to another is a simple matter. I just need to teleport to the nearest plant on land so basically large merchant ships that sells plants. Rest there and then continue moving.

I finally made it! Ahhhh that was tiring! My back kind of hurts. Oo that crack. 

I remembered Aether and Paimon was stopping here in Li Yue harbour.

I should go around as ask if they're still here.

I walked around asking if they had seen the two travellers. Everyone directed me to the Adventure's Guild? Or Adventure Guild...I can't remember. I asked for directions to the Adventure's Guild.

"Ad Astra abyssosque, Welcome to the Adventure's Guild," The lady at the reception said. 

"What's your name?" I asked. 

"I'm Katheryne, from the Adventure's Guild," Katheryne simply replied.

"Have you seen two travellers? One that is floating with silver kinda short hair but not short and a boy who has blonde hair and is tied in braids?" I asked. 

"Oh, you mean the two travellers who recently saved Li Yue harbour? They are currently doing a bounty hunt," Katheryne replied.

"Bounty hunt? What's that?" I asked. 

"People from the adventure's guild take up bounty hunts to gain reputation in Liyue Harbour or any other places," Katheryne simply replied.

I nodded. I was suddenly curious about the bounty hunt and want to try.

"I want to try it!" I exclaimed to Katheryne, with my eyes kind of shining. 

"I see. Well, you can go down from here and turn your left, after that keep walking straight and turn left again, then turn left again and you should reach the place with the girl who manages bounty," Katheryne directed me. Her voice was kind of robotic for some reason.

I thanked her before I left. I went downstairs and followed the directions Katheryne gave me. "Left, then left again uh-huh?" I mumbled, I was confused and lost.

"Y/n? What're you doing here?" Paimon asked, seeing my sudden appearance.

"Hello, Paimon and Aether," I waved.

"What are you doing in Liyue?" Paimon asked.

Yeah...what am I doing here again?

"I can't remember but maybe on the way, I will remember when I'm travelling with you," I responded.

"You're tagging along?" Paimon asked.

I nodded.

"Woah we have an archon with us," Paimon said.

"Please keep my name to my mortal self: Atsume," I requested.

"We are going for another bounty hunter. Want to join?" Paimon asked.

I nodded aggressively.

Woah my first time-fighting something, gah I'm excited!

"We're going to be fighting a ruin guard. I hope that is fine with you," Paimon told me.

"I'm perfectly fine with that! Let's go!" I exclaimed.

We walked our way to the bounty hunt area. I was still thinking why I came here as I suddenly forgot about it.

"We are approaching the area of the ruin guard. Be ready!" Paimon reminded.

We followed Aether's elemental sights until we finally reached the ruin guard. My jaw dropped. It's so huge!

"Focus Atsume!" Aether warned.

"I'm sorry! I got distracted!" I quickly apologized.

"Hit the eye! The golden part! Hit it twicee- oh ahh!" Aether yelled out.

"Indulge vines!" You thought.

You became a part of your Vine and strikes the eye twice. Now it's just unleashing random attacks onto the ruin guard. (I do that all the time haha)

"How was it? Was it okay for you?" Paimon asked.

"Yes it's fine. Can we sit at that cliff over there while we rest? The scenery looks nice!" I asked.

I sat down while Aether joined in too.

"Regarding to your question earlier before we head out. The one about why I left my island. I left because I came back to steal back Venti's gnosis," I responded.

"Wouldn't that be hard? Wouldn't your gnosis be stolen along that process?" Paimon asked.

"I gave my gnosis to Venti. When they find out my gnosis is gone. It will be far too late!" I smiled brightly.

"You seem pretty confident about that plan," Paimon remarked.

"Not really I need to know where it's hidden first," I responded.

"I think we rest enough. Let's start heading back to Li Yue harbour," I said, standing up and walked backwards.

"Hey Y/- Atsume! Watch out!" Aether yelled.