Chapter 5

"AH, what's going on!?" You screamed.

Vines filled the room, growing non-stop.

"VENTI-SAN HELP!!!" You yelled out.

"What a-ahh help!!!" You screamed.

"What in the winds is happening!?" Venti said.

Her powers are running out of control!

"Y/n-sama!" Shi Hui yelled.

Venti didn't know what to do. The vines was wrapping around Your body slowly swallowing it. Venti used his Anemo powers to get you out of those vines.

"Thank you but how do I stop it?" You asked.

"Command it," Venti replied.

"How?" You asked.

"Say, 'I the 8th Archon command you to stop!'"

"I the 8th Archon command you to stop! That was cringeworthy..." The vines stopped growing, but now there are a bunch of vines in the room.

"May I use your room Venti-san? Just for a while until the vines are clear from my room," You pleaded.

"It will be my pleasure to help you. You gave me a place to sleep so I would obviously be happy to help you," Venti replied.

"Thank you, I will go and get change," You said and re-entered you room.

You struggled to get through the vines to get to her closet. When You were searching through your closet. Yoy noticed a jewellery box in the closet.

What's that box?

It was an old box, dust piled up on top of it.

"It's quite an old box...how do you open it?" You looked at the box for a while.

Maybe Venti-san has an idea how to open it!

You picked out your outfit for the day and took the box with you. You showed Venti the box.

She kept the box! she kept the box! I thought she said she accidentally threw it away.

"Barbatos-sama gave that to you 2500 years ago," Chen Xiang informed you.

"So please take the box and the gifts in it," Venti said.

"I won't be taking your friend's gift," You said.

"But I am curious...what's inside the box," You added.

"Then accept the gift and then I will tell you," Venti insisted.

"No!"

"Please open!"

"No!"

"C'mon just-"

"SHUT UP WHY ARE Y'ALL SO DAMN LOUD IN THE DAMN MORNING." Aether grumpily shouted slamming the door open.

"This reminds Paimon to never wake him up," Paimon sarcastically commented.

After a while...

"So basically you are trying to find out what's inside the box," Aether said.

"What kind of box is this?" Aether asked Venti.

"It's a gift box that I got from the celestial," Venti replied.

"How does it work?" You and Aether asked in unison.

"The host who has the box will put in the items. Until the host finally decided that the gift box is filled with the gifts, that they want to give to the receiver.

Once they have decided it's filled. The box will forever be locked until the receiver opens it," Venti explained.

"Such complicated lock system. I don't even want to bother it. I am going to the bathroom to change now," You said and went to the bathroom.

"I will go change in my room too," Aether said.

"I will go to my room to change too then," Venti said.

You wore a red kimono with golden flowers and butterflies embroidered in it. While Venti wore his usual green bard attire and Aether wore his usual attire.

"Y/n, you look so elegant!" Venti complimented.

"Paimon thinks it suits her very well," Paimon complimented.

"What Paimon said," Aether said.

"Hey! Compliment a person properly!" Paimon angrily said.

"You look very nice in it," Aether said.

"Thank you for the compliments!" You bowed.

"Accept my gift! Pleaseee!" Venti pleaded.

"I cleaned the dust off and wiped it clean for you," Venti pointed out.

"Y/n-sama please accept the gift, or else Barbatos-sama will forever pester you," Shi Hui said.

He raised the box towards You. You sighed, and finally took the box and accepted it.

"That's quite a number of pieces of jewellery inside of the box," Aether noticed as he peeked inside of the box.

"Paimon thinks that one of the jewellery should be placed on Y/n's head," Paimon said.

Aether agreed and so did Venti. Venti did a half up and half down bun for you and slotted in the hairpin.

"Thank you so much Venti-san! I really like it a lot!" You thanked.

"I'm glad you like it!" Venti exclaimed.

"We should get going. We need to help the travellers with their journey," You said.

"We should go to one of the statues so that we can take down the vines. So then Aether can get the power of plants," Paimon said.

"Let's go then," Paimon said.

Everyone went to the nearby statue except the 2 maids that stayed at home.

"We need to get rid of the vines. It's blocking the metal plate that gives Aether elemental powers," Paimon said.

"I can try with my powers..." You suggested.

You placed your hands on the grass floor near the statue.

"Retract!" You channelled through your hands.

The vines that used to wrap around the statue retracted and went back underground.

"You did it!" Venti clapped.

"Ah...so dizzy," You said and fainted in Venti's arms.

"Quickly touch it! I wonder what kind of things you will produce when you get this power." Paimon said.

Aether touched the metal plate. He now gained floral powers.

"Unleash your power!" Paimon said enthusiastically.

Aether held out his hand. An orb surrounds his hands as Bamboo rapidly shoots out of the ground.

"What about your elemental burst?" Paimon asked.

Aether launched his elementary burst, it caged Paimon with poison flowers. Paimon is now caged...waiting for Aether to make her into soup. (Nah just kidding)

"Hey let Paimon down!" Paimon scowled.

"I don't know how to?" Aether said.

Venti bulge the vine cage open with the winds.

"Good luck with your journey. Now I got to bring my lady back for a goodnight sleep," Venti said and went off to the greenhouse carrying Your body.

"Paimon wonders what happens when 2 gods have a child," Paimon said.

"Paimon what is wrong with your brain when it comes to romance!?" Aether exclaimed.