Chapter 19

"Do you simply take pity on me and say you love me?" Venti asked.

"N-no that's—"

"Do you not love me? You always said you do but you simply meant it for someone else don't you?" Venti added.

"Venti, wait—"

"I don't like it...no one likes it Y/n...if you don't love me. We can...take a break from our relationship first. After the break, you give me an answer. If you don't love me, we can break up. If you do... let's discuss that if you ever said yes," Venti sobbed.

"Fine. One month, how about that? We meet under the tree at Windrise," You suggested.

"Fine one month. I want your answer by then," Venti said as he disappeared right after that.

"What do I do next?" You mumbled to yourself.

"Maybe I have kept some report written journals somewhere in that library of mine. I need to ask them for the locations,"

You teleported back to your home. You found your servants and asked them to take out journals all about love. You flipped through the books like crazy. You were burning the midnight oil every day. Sleep did not matter to you anymore. The question stands for yourself. Do you truly love Venti?

"Venti, could you...I forgot we took a break..." Your voice faded slowly realizing your situation.

I don't understand, I could always handle this loneliness. Why can't I do it now?

"Y/n-sama, we found written journals more related to your situation. Please take a look at them," Chen Xiang suggested as she passed you some reports.

You thanked her and read the title of the first book and skimmed through the pages. This is unrelated. You picked up another one. You skimmed through it again and had a little hope it was related but inside that thick book, there isn't. You called for Shi Hui.

"Shi Hui, do you have the slightest idea. Why can't I be loyal to him?"

"Y/n-sama...I'm sorry. I don't have an answer for that," Shi Hui apologised.

"It's fine," you sighed. "I need to walk around in the city. All these books are giving me a headache."

"Would you like me to—"

"No need. I'm going to go by myself," You interrupted her.

You walked into the city as your mortal self. You looked at how lively the city is. They were families together holding hands eating street food. They all have the brightest smile. You finally found a less populated bench. It honestly hurts to see families. You wished you were never born into a rich family.

"You seem sad. Young lady," An old granny sat beside you.

She had a wide smile, wrinkles all over her face. She had blue eyes and her silvery grey hair shined under the sunlight.

"What's wrong? Maybe this little old granny can help," The old lady asked.

"So my friend and I went on a break. Well, we were a couple before the break happened," You explained.

"Why did both of you go on a break?"

"I wasn't really committed to the relationship as he is..."

"Oh? Why weren't you committed?..."

You shook your head. You also did not know why you were not committed. You sighed and thought this was the end of the conversation. You were never good with them in the beginning.

"Since this is a dead knot. I want to ask how's your family doing?"

"I don't know. I ran away," You leaned to the back of the bench. "They wouldn't care anyway."