Nightmare

Word Count: 574

Info:
Y/n has a nightmare that she was drowning and Madison calms her.

Y/n POV:
I open my eyes to an empty bed as I look around for my girlfriend "Mads come back to bed" I hear nothing but water running as if a tap was on and I try to get out of bed, but I can't it's almost as if I'm paralysed, the water starts coming into the room and I start to panic even more trying desperately to move "MADISON!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs "I can't move help me!!" The water starts rising in the room quicker and quicker and my body starts shaking from side to side as I try to get out, I feel more pressure on my shoulders "BABY PLEASE!!" I scream once again, and my voice starts to get raspy from the panic and screaming as the water rises to the bed and the mattress is soaked "I DONT WANNA DROWN HELP ME!!" I continue to struggle as the water rises higher and higher going over my body, I try to move up to keep my head out of the water, but I still can barely move "Baby?" I hear Madison voice, but it sounds far away "HELP M-" I shout but get cut off as I inhale the water, I try my hardest to cough it out of my lungs and then I sit up gasping for air.

Madison's POV:

I try to shake Y/n awake as she was struggling in her sleep and it was clear she was having a nightmare "Baby?" I try to get her to focus on my voice so she can wake up "come on baby wake up" just then she sits up in bed gasping for air as she grabs onto my arm, I wrap both arms around her and pull her into me as she starts crying "baby, baby girl it's okay I'm here. It was just a nightmare."

She takes deep breaths trying to calm herself down as I kiss her neck gently to help her properly come back to reality "princess it's okay I'm here, you were just dreaming" I wipe her tears away as she takes another deep breath and turns her head to face me as I move one arm to cup her cheek and gently kiss her as she relaxes more in the kiss.

"Are you okay now bubs?" She nods and we both lay down with her head on my chest "do you wanna talk about it?" She shakes her head as she grips the bottom of my shirt in her hand and I run my fingers through her hair to keep her calm "okay baby you don't have to; do you want me to stay awake with you or are you gonna try and go back to sleep?" She looks up at me "sleep" I give her a soft smile "can you sing to me?" I blush and nod "of course I can baby" she gets more comfortable on my chest and keeps the covers off of her because she feels like it constricts her breathing after having a panic attack I take in small breaths as I start to sing to her "lately I'm counting the minutes that I've got left" I feel her smile as I continue, about half way through the song her head gets heavier and I knew she'd fallen asleep so I whisper "I love you Y/n" and I slowly fall back to sleep with her in my arms.

Holla, this was a little short but still let me know what you think of it. :)