Teaching an Instrument

Word Count: 978

Info:
Y/n teaches Madison how to play guitar.

Request by @Animalgod123 hope you enjoy :)

Madison's POV:

Today I have a day off from work and I decided to go to a music shop because I was bored and I also wanted to lean guitar for ages but just didn't have the patience to do it, so today I'm going to buy one. Do I have any clue what the difference between an acoustic and electric is? Nope. But my girlfriend said she knows how to play acoustic, so I guess ill buy that one. Crap I just got asked what size I want. "umm big?" the store manager laughs "first time?" I nod embarrassed and he leads me over to the guitars "will you be needing lessons as well?" I shake my head "my girlfriend is going to teach me" he nods understanding and then hands me one to hold "not too heavy?" I shake my head "okay well that is 36 inches, but I think it's a little too small for you" he reaches to get another, and I put the one in my hands down "try the 38 inches" I hold it and he nods "yeah that's the one. You like the colour?" I nod looking down at the black acoustic guitar in my hands and nod "yeah" I follow him to the desk at the front to pay "okay so the guitar its self is £59.99, the strap is £10 and I suggest you get a capo as well but Ill give you that for free" he pauses and winks I try to act flattered so I still get it but in my mind I felt like throwing up "your total is £69.99" I smile and take out my card paying for it and then walking outside to my car putting everything in the trunk of the car and getting in.

I text my girlfriend to tell her I should be home soon I get a reply almost immediately saying "okay can't wait to see you beautiful x" I smile and put my phone down, I start the engine and drive home. When I get home I walk inside and set my stuff down in our home studio that Y/n made for both of us so we can spend more time at home, I see my girlfriend sat down in there and I walk up to her kissing her cheek "heyy" I say excitedly "hi!" she does the same back then looks down at the big box I have "what's that?" I smile and open it "I bought a guitar so you can teach me" she smiles and looks at me excited "can we start now?!" I giggle and nod "are you done with work?" she nods and closes her notebook opening the box and handing me the guitar inside as she sits back down.

Y/n POV:

I look up at Madison and tell her to sit on my lap she gives me the look and I roll my eyes "it's so I can teach you" she laughs and sits down "horny bitch" I mumble and pull her body closer to mine and quickly tune the guitar for her. "Okay first I want you to grasp what these things are" I take her left hand and run her finger along the fretboard "these little metal bars separate what are called frets, it goes up in numbers see. Fret 1, 2, 3 and so on" she nods and then I take her right hand putting it on the strings "these have different names to... you see the different kinds? There are 3 metal and 3 plastic, right?" she smiles looking down "yeah" "okay so the first metal string is E the next is A, then D, then, G, B and E again" she plucks each one with her thumb softly "E, A, D, G, B, E" I smile "yeah you've got it princess" she blushes and I kiss her jaw gently as a reward "okay, there are two different types of guitarists, people who learn tabs and people who learn chords" she looks back at me "what do you play?" "I play chords darling" she nods looking back down at the guitar "but I will teach you chords later; they are a little more difficult. For now I will teach you quite simple tabs okay?" she leans back kissing my cheek "mhm" I smile at her kiss "okay I want you to put your middle finger on string G, fret 6" she takes a second looking at the fret board and then places it on the correct place making me smile "pluck that string with your thumb 3 times" she does as I say "now move your finger up to fret 5 and play it 3 times again" she continues to play it "now use your pointer finger to reach fret 3, play that 5 times" she nods and plays it "almost done, now go back to 5 and play it once" she does it and looks back at me "what song was that?" I play it for her at the correct speed of the song, playing it over and over until I stop "treat you better by Shawn Mendes" she squeals excitedly "I leant my first song?!" I smile and nod "yeah you did bubba" she kisses me happily "thankyou babyyyy" I giggle "of course" she looks down at the guitar "can you play a proper song for me?" I nod and pick her up off my lap taking the guitar off her and playing 'Teenager in Love' because that's how she makes me feel, she smiles and blushes sitting back down on my lap to continue to learn. I teach her loads more tabs and power chords, but she got tired and asked if we can learn the real chords tomorrow because she wanted cuddles and her fingertips were hurting.

I hope you enjoyed this guys especially Animalgod123. Let me know what you thought of this chapter. :)