⚠️ Lost ⚠️

Word Count: 1015

Info:
Madison cheats on Y/n and it makes her spiral and lose control.

Includes- self harm and suicide.

Y/n POV:

Yesterday was mine and my girlfriend's year and a half anniversary and normally we would do something special like go out for a meal or just anything that includes spending time together but no, Madison forgot. Not only did she forget, but she also cheated on me and I caught her, she cheated on me and didn't even seem sorry.

*Flashback*

I came home from work early excited to see my girlfriend and walked up to mine and Madison's room, I heard moaning, so I thought she was pleasuring herself. I walked in and saw her on top of some guy, my heart stopped and then shattered on the spot "y- you" Madison looked back at me and got off him immediately "Y/n why are you here? You are supposed to be at work!" I could barley react through the hurt, but it just turned into anger as the guy got up, grabbing his stuff and ran out the door. I looked back to her "Y/n let me exp-" I cut her off "so after a year and six months, it's no longer me that you want?" she shakes her head "no Y/n I love you, please it was a mistake" "I loved you so much it hurts, I never mistreated you once! In fact I poured my heart out to you and let down my guard" she started to cry, and I continued to use my anger to fight the hurt she was putting me through " I used to think I'd do whatever it takes, when I was with you, I got the shakes. My body ached when I wasn't with you, I had zero strength. I thought there was no limit on how far I would go, no boundaries, no lengths. I guess I was wrong."

*End of Flashback*

I left that night, something I never thought id do. Why do we say that we think that person is gonna be that one and then once we get them, it's never the same? I haven't contacted any of my friends or even tried to talk to Madison, she continuously tried calling and texting me, but I was in too much pain I couldn't believe she would do something like that. Did I mean nothing to her? I knew I was probably never getting over this pain and it was killing me, it had only been a day, how am I going to go another, or a week let alone months. I felt helpless, she broke me. She knew I was struggling; she knew that even something minor would make me spiral so she should have known that something as bad as this would be enough to break me.

It was now a week since the incident with Madison and nothing changed, I was still in my room barley eating anything and completely cut off from the world. My friends came over a few times to force me to eat and to bathe me but each time it was like I wasn't even in my body, like I was just numb, and nothing affected me. Y/n Y/ln was gone, and I would never be the same again. The nights are the worst, that when thoughts come rushing to the surface the ones that tell me "you were never good enough, no wonder she cheated" "nobody would care if you just disappeared" "do it, why don't you do what you've been thinking of the second you walked in that room" they were starting to get overwhelming and today was the day my mind snapped, I went to the bathroom to find anything to slit my wrists and found nothing. I punched the wall in anger shattering it to pieces, that when I saw it the shard of reflective glass I needed, I put it to my wrist and ran it over my skin slicing it open, but it wasn't enough, and I grew more frustrated and grabbed my phone texting Madison.

"I know you don't care because you clearly never did, but you don't have to worry about me anymore. You can be happy with him and free, I don't have to hold you back anymore. I loved you Madison and I thought you loved me. That night broke me, and I knew I would never recover, I would've done anything for you to show you how much I adored you, but it's over now, it's too late to save our love. Just promise me you'll think of me every time you look up in the sky and see a star. I loved you and I'm so lost without you." After hitting send I stared at the message reading it over and over for at least 5 minutes until it stuck in my mind and I ran into my room and grabbed the box above my closet opening it and taking my fathers revolver out of it placing the barrel to my temple, taking a breath and then pulling the trigger. Everything went black and it was finally quiet.

Madison's POV:

I saw the message I received from Y/n and immediately got in my car rushing over there calling Y/n's desperately trying to reach one of them to stop her, I knew what she was going to do, and I couldn't let her do it I just couldn't. I drove over the speed limit to get there faster. I live like 5 minutes from her house now and I had to get there in time. I arrived and ran through the door that was left open because of her friends previously being there, I ran upstairs but as soon as I got to the door and hear a loud bang. No, no, no I'm too late. I open the door hesitantly and see her lying there on the floor lifeless, tears streamed down my cheeks as my heart broke seeing her like this. "please, no! come back to me baby" but it was useless. She was gone.

I know this chapter was a lot but ive had the idea for a little while and I wanted to do it, I'm sorry if this triggered anyone. I love you guys <3