Convict

Word Count: 1521

Info:
Y/n is a detective for the NYPD and she finds out that her ex-girlfriend the murder Madison Beer that she put away has escaped.

Includes- murder, use of guns

Y/n's POV:

"Okay Shumate I'm headed home" I said with a sigh and my young partner nodded with a smile "have a nice evening Y/l/n" I smile back "you to" I grab my leather jacket from the back of my chair and push it under my desk, walking around it and then to the exit doors of the precinct. Walking through the car park and hopping in my car I started to drive home.

~~~

I walked through my front door and locked it behind me taking my gun and holster off my hip along with my badge and placing it in the safe close to my door. I headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge taking a bottle of water and then turning to walk into the living room, I placed my water on the table and collapsed onto the sofa with a huff. I sat myself up and turned the tv on just flicking through various channels before landing on The Simpsons. After the first episode my stomach made a low rumbling sound and I grabbed my phone to order some food, I decided on pizza and checked my wallet for the cash I knew I needed. I nodded when I saw I had just enough and then rung the number to order.

About an hour later I heard a knock at the door, and I pushed myself off the sofa and walked to the door opening it and smiling politely at the woman bringing my food "Y/n Y/l/n?" I nod "pizza?" I said with a small laugh, and she laughed as well opening her bag and handing me the box, I give her the money for it and thanked her "have a nice night" she nods "you to" I close the door and walk back to my spot opening my box of pizza and sighing in content "finally."

~~~

A few hours later I started to drift the sleep on the couch, I looked at my watch and saw it was 1:48am "I should go to bed" I mumbled to myself, I leaned forward and grabbed the remote to turn off the TV, as I move my thumb to the power off button my TV switches to a separate channel "BREAKING NEWS" it says, I look up at the TV again and tilt my head in confusion "the murderer Madison Beer has escaped from Life Support Labs" the remote fell out of my hand and my face dropped "no" I whispered "the escaped convict should be considered highly dangerous and please be cautious, NYPD are actively searching for the woman and there will be more updates soon" it switched back to normal and I sat there frozen in fear and shock.

My phone rang and I looked down at it 'Detective. Shumate" it said on the screen I answered and held it to my ear "Y/n! Did you see on the news?" I gulped "y-yeah" I heard her sigh "are you okay?" A tear rolled down my cheek "I thought when I put her away it was for good" I said my voice cracking as I looked down at my feet "yeah, everyone did. She's sneaky but we need to make sure you are safe, can I come over?" I looked at the TV again seeing a random cartoon playing "yeah, please I need you" I heard keys jingling "okay I'm on the way, lock your doors and windows until I get there. Everything is going to be okay I promise."

~~~

20 minutes after the call from my partner and locking every entry I knew I heard a knock at the door and I panicked "what if its not Anna, what if she has found me already-" I'm cut off when I hear a voice yell "Y/n! It's me Anna, you can let me in" I sighed and walked to the door unlocking it and she steps in wrapping her arms around me after shutting and locking the door, I relaxed a little in her arms and wrapped mine around her neck "you're gonna be okay, she's not going to touch you." I nodded into the crook of her neck "god Y/n you are shaking" I just continued hugging her feeling somewhat safe in her arms "okay let's go get you lay down and we can watch a movie to get your mind off it yeah?" I only nodded in reply before walking with her.

We sat down and put on a move; I was sat up straight just staring at my door. Anna put her hands on either side of my waist, and I jumped "it's okay, it's me" I relaxed a little and let her pull me towards her. I put my head on her chest and she played with my hair to calm me "you promise to keep me safe?" I asked quietly, she looked down at me "I promise" I looked up at her and we made eye contact holding it before we both glanced at each other's lips and then she leaned in and kissed me, I kissed her back but then she pulled away "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that. Its unprofessional and you aren't in the right state of- "I cut her off putting my finger on her lips "shh, I liked it and I wanted to kiss you to."

I kissed her again slowly getting on top of her, then I saw a flash fill my room out of the corner of my eyes, I pull away and she tilts my face back to her "its just the TV" she whispered huskily before kissing me again. Then my phone rang again, I looked back and saw it lit up "No Caller ID" I said looking at Anna below me. I answered and held it to my ear getting off Annas lap, I stayed silent "hello princess. Did you miss me" my heart dropped at the sound of her voice, and I gulped "Madison" I whispered "hmm I've missed that. But I bet you want a way to put me away again, don't you?" I looked back at Anna "yes" I said plainly "come to our spot and ill admit to everything, come alone. If I see that partner of yours ill kill her and make you watch, understood?" My breath caught in my throat "yes, I understand" I hear her laugh "good girl, I want you there in 30 minutes, any longer and everyone you love dies" with that she hung up.

"Well? Who was it?" I looked down at my phone and then back up to Anna "it was her" her eyes widen, and she jumps off the sofa walking towards me, and I look away "I have to go" "what!?" I glanced back to her "I have to go, she said she will admit to everything if I meet her" she grabs her keys "then I'm coming with you" I shake my head "no, please just stay here" she walks to the door "no you aren't going alone" "If you go, she will kill you!!" I yell and she looks back to me "if I don't go, she could kill you" I shake my head "she won't hurt me" she scoffs "Y/n the psycho killed innocent people, what makes you different?" I look up at her and shrug "hope."

~~~

I pulled up to mine and Madison's spot 27 minutes later and I took a deep breath as I stepped out of my car heading inside. I waited a few minutes and then I heard her voice say "hello pretty girl" my skin crawled at the sound of it "don't call me that" I said sternly, and she pouted "aww why baby? Don't you love me anymore?" I glare at her "you murder people Madison. Innocent people died because of you" a sadistic smirk played on her face "you are sick" she bit her bottom lip "you're the one who wanted me" she stepped closer "don't you remember how you screamed my name?" she trailed her nail down my cheek and I flinched away stepping back and holding my gun at arm's length aimed at her head "don't touch me" she smirks and picks up a picture on a desk "I see you've moved on?" she said turning the picture, it was of me and Anna kissing... on my couch "how- how did you?" my face falls along with my guard. She grabs the gun and throws it to her side "I have my ways. Now I'm not usually the jealous type but I mean- "she pauses and grabs something throwing it on me, soaking my clothes "if I can't have you, nobody can" I laughed "water? What is that meant to do" she smiles psychotically as I look down. Its not water. Its oil. "Wait! No please! Madison!" she clicks the lighter in her hand and I reach forward, I'm too late. She throws it and I'm engulfed in flames screaming in pain. I collapse to the floor and the last thing I see is the silhouette of her walking away from me.

Bit of a different, suspenseful one for you guys lemme know what you thought.