3. Hagrid's Lesson Gone Wrong

The morning of the 2nd of September, Neville went down to the common room feeling great.  He was shocked, however, when he saw Naomi sitting on the sofa in front of the fire. "you're a Gryffindor?" He then sat next to her "Mhm, it was just like you said. I had to sit down and then they put a weird talking hat on my head. It said I'd be a good Hufflepuff, then it said I have plenty of courage and it gave me Gryffindor." Neville smiled "Just between you and me, Gryffindor is the best house" Naomi giggled and then looked at her timetable. "I have care of magical creatures this morning. I'm just waiting for Hermione. She said I could stick with her seems as I have no one else." Just as she said that, Hermione walked down the stairs with Lavender. 

The three girls Ron, Harry and Neville walked down to the Hagrid's hut to find him already standing outside of the hut door. He told everyone to follow him and open their books. Naomi looked at her book and it blinked at her. This scared her and she dropped the book and squealed . This earned a worried look from Neville followed by a sigh of relief when he saw she was fine. He then opened his book without stroking the spine and got a shock when it started attacking him. Naomi quickly whipped her wand out and cast a spell to stop the book from tearing Neville's clothes to shreds. She went up to Neville and helped him up. He thanked her and tried to ignore the fact that Draco was laughing at him with the rest of his Slytherin friends were laughing at him. "are you alright?" Naomi asked "why are they laughing? I don't see what's so funny." Neville then said quietly "It's fine. I've gotten so used to it that I've learned to ignore them." This earned a frown from Naomi as she felt sorry for Neville. 

Just then Hagrid emerged from the trees with a.... Hippogriff!? Neville stood in shock whilst Naomi grabbed his arm causing him to flinch slightly. This, she didn't notice. Hagrid then said something about going up to pet this giant bird. Neville hid behind a rock and Naomi didn't notice that everyone else stood back so Neville grabbed her arm and pulled her back. Harry was then the only one in front which made Hagrid believe that he had volunteered. 

After Harry had done what Hagrid said and had gotten close enough, Hagrid lifted Harry up and put him on Buckbeak's back. Neville edged behind Naomi, still gripping her arm. At that very moment Buckbeak spread his wings out. The whole class jumped back. Buckbeak then started running before he then took off. Neville, me and the rest of the class's jaws dropped as we saw Harry on Buckbeak flying away, into the clouds. 

About 3 minutes later of looking into the distance for Harry, a loud thud was heard from behind where the class was standing. The whole class ran to Harry to ask him what had happened and how it was. Draco thought it would then be a good idea to insult this majestic creature by calling him a "bloody chicken". Hagrid quickly tried to stop him but it was too late. Buckbeak had scratched Draco's arm and he was now on the floor whimpering like a baby, clearly overreacting. Most of the class had jumped over the wall whilst 3 or 4 students were behind the rock that Neville first hid behind. 

Naomi had ran to Neville and hid behind the wall with him. There was a moment where they looked into each others eyes and the whole world seemed to disappear from around them. Naomi looking into Neville's Green eyes. Neville looking into Naomi's Blue eyes. "you have nice eyes.." Neville said, still remaining eye contact. "yours are pretty too" Naomi whispered.

They were then tapped back into reality by a smirking Hermione. "honestly you two. Didn't you hear? The class has been excused. Draco's been took to the hospital wing." Naomi looked at Neville and blushed which earned a nervous smile from Neville. 

--------------------

Thank you for reading the 3rd chapter of this fanfic. Sorry it's a short one, I ran out of Ideas. I hope that you enjoyed this short but interesting chapter.