30. Confessions And Impressions

The day after the incident Miles was sitting alone as he got two weeks of detentions and everyone heard about him beating up Neville. Neville was still in the hospital wing. Naomi hadn't yet come out of her dorm. 

Whilst Miles was sitting there with a black eye, Jake sat next to him. Miles sat there silently as he listened to everyone talking about him. Jake slid over a note with Miles's name on it and then went over to Fred and George. Miles opened the note and put it in his pocket before standing up and leaving.  

𝑀𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓈,

𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝓂𝓎 𝑒𝓎𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒. 𝐼 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓉𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒶 𝓅𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊'𝓇𝑒... 𝑔𝒶𝓎? 𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓂𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝒶𝓉 𝟩:𝟢𝟢 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 :𝟥

𝒥𝒶𝓀𝑒.

Miles went up to the Gryffindor tower and then went and brought an apple to Naomi. 

"Thanks Miles. I appreciate it. I feel really bad for what I said to him, I might take him some flowers."

"Good idea, want me to buy them?"

"Yeah, but don't tell him."

"I won't, don't worry"

--------------------------------

Naomi was walking down to the hospital wing when she smelled the flowers. They were lavenders, Neville's favourites. The odd thing however was that the flowers didn't smell of anything. Naomi got to the hospital wing and gave the flowers to Nev then looked at the rest of the flowers that were on the side of his bed.

 Naomi got to the hospital wing and gave the flowers to Nev then looked at the rest of the flowers that were on the side of his bed

Neville took the flowers from her and smelled them. 

"They don't smell. Just like the rest of them."

Naomi leaned over and smelled some of the Lily's then looked at Neville in confusion.

"I can smell them fine?"

Neville sat up and put his book down that he was reading and then smelled the lavender again. He put it next to all the other flowers and just started reading again.

"I can't smell, Naomi."

"What do you mean?"

Neville sighed then put the book down again before looking up at Naomi and repeating himself.

"I can't smell anything anymore. Normally I could smell your..... perfume but..... I can't now."

"well I'm sorry? Uhm Neville, I don't know what you want to hear out of me but... we aren't together anymore. Remember? I love you Neville but..... you hurt me last night when you said I should break up with you. I don't know what came over you to say those things about Miles but-"

"Naomi, please leave..."

Naomi looked down and without saying another word, she left. She held her head down to hide her teary eyes and as soon as she got out of the hospital wing, she ran. She ran as fast as she could, ignoring Draco as she went past him. She ran out of the school and then went to Hagrid's hut. 

"Hagrid!?"

She banged on his door then when there was no answer, she looked through his window and her heart dropped when she saw that all of his stuff was gone. She just saw Fang, his dog, laying down on his bed and an empty bowl of food for him. Hagrid's gone? But he would never leave Fang. Unless....... Umbridge!

------------------------------

At 7:00 Miles went to the whomping willow to meet up with Jake. As he walked down the hill, he saw Jake sat by the great big tree known as the whomping willow. Miles could admit to himself that Jake was pretty cute. Miles sat down next to Jake and then looked at him.

"Okay, I'm here. What did you need?"

"I.... I like you Miles. I wanna get to know you. I see you with Naomi quite a lot and I'm pretty close with her. I also heard you beat up Longbottom last night, that true?"

"Yeah, that's true. Why?"

"I just guess I wanted to know seems as the whole school's been talking about it..."

"And to answer your question, Jake. I'm pansexual."

Jake smiled and looked at Miles in the eyes. Miles didn't really know Jake all that much. All he did know though was that he'd never felt this way around someone before. Miles leaned in a little closer as did Jake. Before they knew it, Jake and Miles were in a deep kiss. Their lips collided as they kissed under the starry, moonlit sky. And so, as one relationship had ended, a new one had started.