22. He's Back?

(the pic is Miles)

-Neville's POV-

The last day of term (tomorrow) is when they are holding Cedric's funeral. Naomi hasn't spoken to me since the night it has happened and I'm really worried about her. Hermione says she hasn't spoken to her either. Fred and George have tried to talk to her and all she said was "Leave me alone". They said she sounded like she was crying as well. I've had enough of it thou. I know Naomi. She wouldn't want to be alone right now and that's exactly what we're doing. Merlin knows how upset she is right now and I'm not even there with her! I knocked on her door to let her know I was coming in before sitting on her bed. She was wrapped up in her blanket, staring at the wall.

"Naomi? Are you alright?"

"Go away."

"No, you know you don't want to be alone really"

"You're right.... I'm sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry, Love. I was just really worried about you."

I lay down in bed with her and scooped her into my arms. She started crying quietly so I hugged her tightly. She turned around and dug her face into my chest. I slowly ran my hand through her hair until she fell asleep. Shortly after, I did too.

--------------------------------------------

The next day, I woke up and Naomi had gone. I went down to the great hall to find her in between Fred and George. It looked as though they were sitting in an awkward silence. As if they had attempted to cheer her up but it hadn't worked.

"Hey Fred, hey George."

"Hey, Neville. Fred isn't talking"

"Why?"

"That's what I'd like to know too."

"Oh. Morning, Love. How are you today?"

She looked up at me with glassy eyes and just put her head back down to eat. Just then, a familiar boy walked in and started looking around the Gryffindor table. He spotted Fred and George then came over. No, it couldn't be. Miles!?

M: "Alright, fellas?"

F&G: "Miles!?"

M: "I'm real sorry I left. I went to Texas with my mother for a family trip."

Na: "Are you really back?...."

M: "Ye- Naomi, what's wrong?"

Ne: "Miles, can I talk to you outside for a sec?"

M: "'course Nev"

We walked out into the half busy corridor and I said very quietly.

"The Triwizard Tournament was held at Hogwarts this year. Cedric's name was puled out, along with Harry's. Now, Cedric and Naomi became really close over this year. Maybe even closer than I am to her, I don't know. Anyway, come the last task, everything was going great until..... Harry came back with the cup and....... Cedric's dead body."

"CEDRIC'S DEAD!?"

"Keep your voice down!"

"Cedric's dead!?"