10. The Nightmare

-Naomi's POV-

Today I chose not to go to the library. Practically the whole school knows about what Draco did.  Draco has started going there more often. I understand it's been 3 months but wow. News does stick around here.

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝒾𝓇𝓎,

𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝑒𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓇 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓃. 𝐻𝑒'𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑒𝓂𝒷𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒶𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝒷𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓉. 𝑅𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝒶𝒹𝓋𝒾𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽. 𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒹, 𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝑒𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓇 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓈𝓉𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒶 𝒻𝓁𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒸𝒶𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒸𝓇𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓃𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓂𝓅𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌. 𝒲𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓈𝓂𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓅 𝓉𝑜𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝓉𝑜𝑜. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹𝓈 𝓂𝑒. 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝓊𝓎 𝑅𝑜𝓃 𝒶 𝑔𝒾𝒻𝓉. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝒾𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝟣𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓇𝒸𝒽.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈, 𝒩𝒶𝑜𝓂𝒾 𝓍𝓍

After I had closed my diary and put it in my bag, someone wrapped their arms around me, hugging me from behind. I jumped out of my skin and then felt calm breathing on the back of my back, and at that point. I knew it was Neville. I turned my head and kissed him before standing up and smiling up at him.

"you know Nev, you have to stop doing that to me."

"doing what?"

"sneaking up behind me like that!"

"I'm sorry Naomi, I really will stop now."

"thank you. Now, we should probably head to the courtyard for Hogsmeade.

"yeah"

We headed down to the courtyard hand in hand as I had Fiore with me. She was sitting on my shoulder purring as I scratched her chin. When we got to the courtyard I was told I can't bring Fiore. She hopped off my shoulder and sat on the fountain in the centre watching us leave. Once we got to Hogsmeade, Neville let go of my hand and went into the pet store to get food for Trevor. I went to the book store and found a new muggle book to read called, 'James And The Giant Peach'. After I had finished in there, me and Neville met back up at Honeyduke's and I got Ron's present. I got him laughy taffy and a couple of chocolate frogs. We headed back to the school together. He asked the question,

"your dorm of mine?" 

And of course, I had to reply with.

"Yours"

He smiled at me and kissed the top of my head gently before holding my hand. At this moment, I felt loved. More loved than I had ever felt in my life. More loved that what I felt at home. In fact, this is my home. Hogwarts, is my home.

-Neville's POV-

When we had reached the common room, Naomi flopped down onto my bed. She had already taken her new things from Hogsmeade into her dorm. I lay down next to her and smiled softly before she came closer to me and nuzzled her face into my chest.

"what are you doing?"

"you're warm"

"I am?"

"Mhm...."

She then started snoring softly which told me that she was asleep. I played with her hair and then held her hand and closed my eyes. As I held her hand I realised how small she was and smiled to myself before kissing her cheek gently and getting up to get dressed. I came back 2 minutes to her sitting up in bed with her head in her knees, shaking.

"hey hey hey, what's wrong?"

-Naomi's POV-

It was horrible. My nightmare. It was awful. I was in my bed at my mother's house when I heard someone choking. Then came a blood curdling scream and I was falling. Falling for what felt like hours. I finally hit the ground but I didn't die, no. Instead, I was caught. I didn't see the person's face. I only heard him breath like some sort of animal. He was saying things which sounded like he was saying down my ear. They were awful, awful things. I just remember one of the things though. "Feast on their flesh. Steal their families. Make them suffer." After he said that, he turned his head towards me slowly. This wasn't a person. I don't know what it was but it was not a human. It had no flesh on its face. It was smiling ear to ear and its eyes were pouring with blood. That's when I woke up. Why wasn't Neville there. Am I back in my dorm? Where did he go?

"hey hey hey, what's wrong?"

He's here. I'm safe.

"N- Neville....."

"I'm here, Naomi. What happened?"

He pulled me into a tight hug as I was still shaking. I calmed down a bit and gripped onto him, not wanting to let go. When I'm around him, I feel so much better. Like no one can hurt me. 

"Can you tell me?"

"I- I had a h- horrible dream......"

"A nightmare?"

I nod and grip him tighter as he rubs my back comfortingly 

"do you want to tell me what it was about?"

"no"

"okay, love"

"love?"

"yeah, you are my love aren't you?"

"yes. I am"

Him calling me love made me have butterflies and took my mind of the nightmare for a while. We eventually fell asleep in each others arms.