16. A Trip To The Hospital Wing

-Naomi's POV-

Cedric had asked me to meet him in the courtyard today. It's been 6 days since Harry's and his names were pulled out of the goblet and I haven't spoken to him since. That lunch, I went to the courtyard and Draco saw me.

"Yo, Little"

"Oh, Draco, hey"

"Where you off to?"

"Well, Cedric wanted me to see him so....."

"Diggory? Why?"

"Why not? Draco, I think you're forgetting that I'm not your little pet."

"Jeez, all I said was why"

Cedric then came over and eyed Draco.

"Is Malfoy here annoying you?"

I looked at Draco then at Cedric and shook my head.

"No, he isn't. Just two friends having a conversation."

"Oh, well come over here, Little"

He said whilst ruffling my hair like some big brother. 

"Okay then, I'll see you later Draco"

"Yeah, later Naomi"

I followed Cedric and he led me to his group of friends. 

"Hey, guys, this is Naomi. The girl from the great hall I was telling you about."

They all waved and some even shook my hand, then Jake came over.

"Wait, Jake, right?"

"The one and only"

He bowed after he said this and then put a toothpick in his mouth before standing back up.

"You were right, Ced. She is really short isn't she?"

"Hey! I am not short! You're just tall!"

Cedric and Jake laughed and I punch Ced's arm jokingly. He didn't flinch or even react. 

"Ced? Why did you need me again?"

"Oh, right."

He reached into his bag and got out a ring. It had a little yellow gem on it and wings that made it look like a golden snitch.

 It had a little yellow gem on it and wings that made it look like a golden snitch

"Wow, Cedric! It's beautiful. I'm sure Cho will love it."

"No no. This is for you! I know it's your birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd get you a little something"

"How'd you know it was my- Neville?"

"Yeah, he told me that you didn't want to make a big fuss of it, that's why I gave it to you today"