11. Summer

-Naomi's POV-

At the end of the year, we got the news that Professor Lupin was a werewolf and that he was leaving. I was devastated. He has helped me so much this year. I don't want him to leave. He has asked me to meet him in his office today at 6pm so I am currently writing a note for Neville. He had to meet up with Professor Sprout for something. 

𝒩𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒,

 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓇 𝐿𝓊𝓅𝒾𝓃. 𝒲𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝒷𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑔. 

𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒, 𝒩𝒶𝑜𝓂𝒾 𝓍𝓍

At quarter to six, I did my hair and put on the necklace that Fred and George got me for Christmas. It took me quite a while to clasp it on but I got it eventually. By the time I had finished getting ready, I had 3 minutes to get there. I quickly rushed out and ran down the corridor. I slipped and grazed my knee on the way but I was fine. I really do hate Peeves sometimes. When I arrived, I heard the clocktower chime for 6pm, so I knew I was right on time. I have no clue how he knew I was here but the door opened as I had my fist raised up to knock on it.

"Oh- good afternoon Professor. You wanted to see me?"

He looked badly injured. I'm taking it his last full moon wasn't easy on him.

"Yes, come in and take a seat."

I went into the classroom and sat on a desk. Professor Lupin lets me sit on the desk, he's nice like that. 

"I do hope that you don't think differently of me now that you know what I am."

"Professor, I could never think differently of you. You're the best teacher I've ever had. I don't care if you're a werewolf. You're still the chocolate giving, kind man that I know and have since the start of the year."

At these words, he looked at me and just smiled.

"thank you, Naomi. Now. I wanted to see you because I needed to give you something."

He then held out a small brown package that was quite badly wrapped. I took it and opened it and saw that it was a book with a moon on the front with the words 'Be The Moon And Inspire People Even When You're Far From Full'. To some people this is an awful gift, but to me it was the most beautiful gift ever. It was a sketch book. Professor Lupin knows that I love to draw and do little sketches on my work so this is ideal. I can never find and sketchbooks around Hogsmeade and my mum never gets me anything. My father is the same.

"Thank you! It's beautiful Professor!"

"You're welcome. And, Naomi?"

"yes?"

"If anything happens at home over the summer, feel free to send me an owl."

I then smiled and nodded before placing the book in my bag and leaving. I went back to the common room and just realised that may have been the last time I ever see him. I put my head in my hands and then Nev came down from his dorm and sat next to me.

"Hey, are you okay? How'd it go with Professor Lupin?"

"Great."

"doesn't sound like it."

"no, I mean it. It was good"

"oh. What happened?"

"Well first I sat on the desk. Then we spoke a bit, then he gave me this."

I took the book out of the bag and handed it to Nev. He looked at it and then gave it back to me.

"that's a really nice notebook. I like the moon on the front."

"Y- yeah. Neville?"

"yes, love?"

"What if we don't see him again?"

"Professor Lup-"

"Yeah. How do we know he's not just going to disappear?"

"you really like him, don't you?"

"He's one of the only Adults I feel safe around. I feel like I can tell him anything."

"Naomi, you can tell me anything you know?"

I nod and hug him and he hugs me back. He kisses my head and whispers in my ear.

"I love you."

My face flushes bright red and he smiles and kisses me. I kiss him back and we eventually start making out. 

-Neville's POV-

Her lips are so soft and her technique is incredible. The way she moves her hands. I love it. I put my hand to her cheek as she slowly moves her hand up my chest. I never wanted it to end but the clock tower chimed for 7pm which was Percy's curfew for us. 

"I'll see you tomorrow, love"

"Goodnight ,Neville"

She smiled at me and went into her dorm before I sighed and went into mine.

-Naomi's POV- 

The next morning was sort of painful. We are leaving today and I have to go back home. The leaving assembly was sort of boring. We won the house cup though which was pretty cool. The Slytherins didn't look too happy about it.

"Hey, Harry?"

"hmm?"

"who won the house cup last year?"  

"us, we've had it for 3 years in a row"

"wow"

"Yeah, Slytherins had it for a couple years in a row before us."

"oh"

When we were boarding the train, Fred, George and Miles came up to me and Neville.

M: "Hey, wait up!"

Ne: "oh, hi Miles"

G: "Hey guys, uhm...... we came to give you these"

F: "our addresses, so you can send us owls!"

Na: "oh, yeah. Hold on."

I then reached into my pocket and got out a spare piece of parchment and a quill that had a tiny bit of ink left on it. I put it on Neville's arm and written my address twice, then I ripped it into two pieces and gave one to Miles and one to George.

G: "you live in Wales?"

F: "That's pretty far"

M: "Yeah, we all live in England"

Ne: "aren't Wales and England next to each other?"

F: "yeah actually"

Just then the train whistle went and we all climbed aboard. Me and Neville went back into compartment 12, where we met. Fiore must have escaped from my luggage because she followed us in.

"Fiore?"

"oh my, what's she doing here?"

"You did lock her cage, didn't you?"

"yeah I'm sure I did."

"she must have escaped somehow"

"yeah. Come here, Fiore"

She jumps onto my lap and curls up into a ball then falls asleep. Neville then came on my side of the compartment and I lay my head on his shoulder, falling asleep.