4. The Truth About Her Past

Neville woke up on the morning of the 9th of September feeling..... okay about himself. You could say that. Or you could say he felt, terrible. He had been avoiding Naomi. He got so nervous after what had happened just over a week ago, that he didn't want to look at her. He was scared that he would get embarrassed and do something stupid. But alas, it was a defence against the dark arts lesson and Neville would need help with it. Naomi was always a great help to Neville when it came to dada. When Neville had finally finished with his morning routine, (which was: 6:00 wake up, 6:05 have a shower, 6:15 Back school books for that day, 6:30 get dressed for school and 7:make way to the great hall) he went and sat by Fred and George on the Gryffindor table.

F & G: morning Longbottom.

N: hmm? Oh hey

Neville looked around for Naomi and saw that she was sitting with Hermione, Ron and Harry.

G: hey Neville?

N: huh? Yeah?

F: you aren't avoiding Naomi, are you?

Neville sighs and looks at Fred

N: well.... Something happened in Care of magical creatures and I'm not sure what it was.

G: well?

N: there was this moment where. I looked into her eyes and she looked into mine. It was like the whole world had just vanished around us and it was only me and her.

Just as Neville was about to eat some of his cereal, Miles came in and wrapped his arm around Neville's shoulder.

M: good morning Longbottom.

He says with a chuckle.

M: what you guys talking about then.

F & G: Neville's in love!

N: wha- am not!

Fred and George continue chanting that Neville is in love, so he pushes his plate out in front of him and puts his head down on the table. Fred and George give one last 'Neville's in love' before they jump up from the table and leave for their lesson.

M: don't worry about them, Mate.

N: I'm not. But, what if they're right. What if I am in love?

M: w- with who!?

N: Little. Naomi Little. 

M: The girl you were with on the train? Dark short hair, freckles, a ca-

N: Yes, that one.......

Just as Neville was finishing his sentence, he looked up the table and saw Naomi staring straight at him. He swore he saw stars in her eyes. He was nudged out of this trance however when Miles tapped him on the shoulder whilst chuckling.

M: Neville's got a cruuush

N: oh shut up.

Neville said whilst turning a slight shade of red.

--------------------