15. An Eventful Halloween

On the 31st of October, the goblet of fire was put in the great hall ready for students over the age of 17 to put their names in.

-Naomi's POV-

Today is Halloween. It's a full moon. I have been memorizing every full moon so I know when I can send Professor Lupin letters. I am going to send one during Christmas break as my mum has sent me over 3 howlers, telling me that Grandpa is visiting. This lunch time, Fred and George are attempting to put their names in the goblet and have told me that they have a plan to do so. I doubt that they have a very good plan but it's worth going to see. I have sent multiple letters to Miles but have gotten none in return. I miss him. Neville seems to be okay now as well since Moody's first class. At lunch time, we all gathered around the goblet to watch everyone put their names in. As I sat in the stands with Neville reading his book, Cedric came in with wet hair for some reason and a bunch of his friends. He looked at me and waved and I waved back. Me and Cedric have became quite close over the past month (October). We always talk at lunch and I have just started studying with him in the Hufflepuff common room. Neville doesn't mind it because he's began studying with Hannah Abbot. When Cedric put his name in, he came up to me.

"Afternoon, Little."

"Hey, Ced"

"I really hope I get into the tournament. Bring some pride to Hufflepuff, ya know."

"It sounds scary though"

"I love scary things! Right Jake?"

He turned to one of his friends and they gave a thumbs up. Then he ruffled my hair and left. Neville looked up from his book.

"so, you call him Ced now?"

"Well, I call you Nev, don't I?"

"Yeah, I suppose so. Hey, look. Fred and George are here"

I looked over to the doors and there they were. They came running in high fiving everyone as they did and then went over to the line around the goblet. Hermione then stepped in.

He: "It's not going to work"

F: "Oh yeah?"

G: "Why's that, Granger?"

He: "You see this? This is an aging line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

G: "so?"

He: "So. A great man like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a pair of dim-witted people like yourselves."

G: "Oh, well that's why it's so brilliant."

F: "Because it's so pathetically, dim-witted."

They then ran to the top of the viewing platform and brought out two small glass vials filled with some sort of yellowy green liquid. They popped the lids off before linking arms and saying.

"Ready, Fred?"

"Ready, George."

And drinking the liquid. At this point, the whole school was watching them. They jumped down from the platform and into the aging line. Nothing happened. The whole great hall burst into clapping and cheers from all of the students. To be honest, George and Fred were just showing off at this point. They reached into their pockets and got out small bits of parchment, then they slowly walked up to the goblet and took deep breaths before dropping their names in. Again, nothing happened. They were just about to celebrate, when the goblet started throwing flames everywhere. Neville held my hand and was now focused on his book so completely that he didn't even realise what was going on. Fred and George were thrown out of the aging line along with their names on the parchment. They landed on the floor with a thud which then caught Neville's attention. I jumped down from where I was on the stand, letting go of Nev's hand and joining the crowd around the twins. They had now grown old man beards and were on top of each other, fighting. The whole school then stopped chanting 'fight' when the doors to the great hall swung open and Victor crumb came in. He was a very intense man/boy.  As he dropped his name in, he glanced over at a flushed red Hermione. He then turned away and left. I went over to Fred and George who were now laying on the floor breathlessly.