24. Dolores Umbitch

The first day of fifth year finally came around and everyone was on edge at the arrival of Dolores Umbridge. Naomi and Jake had sat near each other in the welcome back assembly. Neville next to Naomi hand in hand and Fred and George were nearer to Harry. It seemed totally ridicules that everyone seemed to have brushed off the death of Cedric Diggory. It was painful to see Jake without Cedric by his side and even more upsetting with the fact that Fred and George weren't smiling. In the aftermath of the assembly, Jake caught up to Naomi and Neville in the hallway whilst going back to their dorms.

"Nomi?! Nev! Hey, don't you think it's awful that everyone's just forgotten about Ced?"

Naomi turned around and Neville did too. It seemed so strange that the castle was so tranquil when someone from the ministry now had pretty much free will around here. 

Na: "Jay, I really would stay and chat but...."

Ne: "She's tired. Sorry Jake."

J: "It's fine... Oh, FRED! GEO- guys?"

Everyone walked past Jake as if he were a ghost and just ignored him while he joined back with his house. 

(Picture of Jake)

(Picture of Jake)

When everyone got back to their dorms, Neville and Naomi stayed in the common room together and talked for a while.

-Neville's POV-

"Naomi, I told you, my gran is fine"

I chuckled as I played with Naomi's hair. Shortly after we joked about my gran, I showed Naomi my mimbulus mimbletonia that I got for my birthday. 

---------------

The next few weeks were slightly boring as nothing happened. That was until the try outs came around. Naomi had been looking forward to them for a whole two years now and so had Miles. I walked with her to the stadium and then sat in the stands to watch her play. Her and Miles were both in gear and now flying on brooms. As I watched Naomi mount her broom, I noticed there was a crack in the back. When she got in the air, Miles noticed it too, He went up into the air to get her down but she got hit with a bludger, She didn't seem to care as she carried on playing. Half way through the trials, her broom snapped in half and she went whirling to the ground. Draco, who was sat a few seats away from me, yelled at Miles and he swooped down and caught her before she could hit the ground.

-Naomi's POV-

I looked up and saw Miles's concentrated face as he landed firmly on the ground. I put my feet down on the soft grass and thanked him before looking up to Neville and shouting 'I'm okay!'. When Angelina came down, I told her what had happened and she understood. She then lent me her broom and I got back in the air Fred and George asked if I was okay and I only responded with a nod which they gave me a pat on the back for. I flinched as that was the exact spot that a bludger had hit me not to long ago. I probably have a bruise. Half an hour into the trials and I was doing okay. I tried for Chaser and scored 54 goals against all the people who tried for goalie. This included Ron. 

After the trials I gave Angelina her broom back and she told me I was in. I was so happy. I love being on a broom. The flow of fresh air in your hair and the gentle sound of your house cheering for you. Though I'm pretty sure it won't be so chill when it was the whole school. I just wish Ced was here to see me play. Come to think of it, I wonder who will be Hufflepuff's new seeker.

That night me and Neville got cozied up in my dorm and he checked out my back where I got hit with the bludger.

"You'll have a bit of a bruise there for a while but you should be okay."

"Thanks Nev. So what do you think about Umbridge?"

"Oh umm... well, she isn't letting us use magic, she doesn't believe Harry about you-know-who and I heard she makes people wright with their own blood when she does lines with them."

"She sounds awful. I actually have a detention with her tomorrow."

"You do!?"

"Yeah, why? What's wrong?"

Neville grew a worried expression on his face as he sighed and then just smiled.

"It doesn't matter."

"Oh, okay."

"Hey, I'm feeling a bit bored tonight. You know, It is just you and me. Harry is out with Ron and Dean and Seamus are hanging out with some Ravenclaws."

Nev smirked as I did too. I leaned in and kissed him slowly on the lips, our bodies collided and I felt the rush of excitement fill me. He held my back being careful not to hurt me. He then ran his other hand from my thigh to my waist and squeezed which made me let out a soft moan. I took off his shirt and kissed his neck then made my way down to his belt. The rest of the night was a blur.