14. Unforgivable Curses

-Naomi's POV-

Tuesday, September 16th 1994 we had dark arts with our new professor. I had been talking to Cedric and he said that professor Moody was even better than professor Lupin, which I doubt. Me and Neville were walking down the corridor packed with students, when Draco pulled me to the side. Neville didn't notice and carried on walking without me.

"What do you want, Draco?"

"I know that bruise isn't just from an accident at home. You can tell me you know"

"Listen, Malfoy. I would, but I still don't fully trust you after last year. Maybe in time, I will learn to trust you."

"That's understandable. Okay. So, dark arts?"

We started walking to our lesson together.

"Yeah"

"I hope this professor is better than that mutt we had last year."

"Draco, please don't call professor Lupin a mutt."

"what's your interest in him anyway?"

"interest? What do you mean?"

"I mean, you were the professor's pet last year. Why?"

We walked into the class and I saw that Neville was already sat by Dean, so I sat by Draco instead. Neville looked at me and mouthed 'sorry' before turning back to the front.

"Little? You're sitting by me?"

"Well, Neville's sitting by Dean, so....."

"I mean, this could be an opportunity to get to know each other more?"

"Sure. My parents are divorced, I'm an only child, I have a cat called Fiore-"

"Your parents are divorced?"

"yup"

"oh, I'm sorry about that- What are you looking at Potter?"

Just then, professor Moody came in. He started writing on the chalk board which went through me. He introduced himself, rather aggressively if you ask me.

"Now, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

Hermione answered.

"3 sir."

"And they are so named?"

"Because they are unforgivable. The use of only one of them will-"

"Earn you a one. way. ticket. to. Azkaban! Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses can do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against. You need to be prepared. You need to find another place to stick your chewing gum, Mr Finnigan!"

He turned around and looked.

"aw, no way. The old nutter can see out the back of his head?"

"And hear across classrooms!"

He threw the chalk that he was using at Seamus which Draco sniggered at. I jumped slightly when he threw it.