13. Tournament

-Naomi's POV-

On the train, Neville wouldn't stop asking me if I was okay. I kept saying that I'm fine but he wouldn't believe me. 

"Naomi, tell me what happened. Why have you got so many injuries?"

"I am fine."

"No you're not. Naomi, you have....... at least 20 bruises on each arm not to mention a black eye"

I then whispered something which he didn't hear.

"hmm?"

"I sent an owl to George and she got angry with me"

"I'm sorry, what!?"

"The time before that, I ate a packet of crisps and left the crumbs on the carpet so she...... punished me. I got one on my shoulder from where she pulled me out of the car and onto the pavement. After tha-"

"hold on, how many times did this happen?"

"Uhm......"

I had to count on my fingers but then I ran out of fingers to count on and had to continue in my head.

"about......... 43"

"43!?"

"Mhm....... anyway, as I was saying, that day. In fact, it was the first day of summer, you know, when she pulled me out of the car? Anyway, when we were eating dinner, I started early so she slapped me across the back of the head. My dad didn't agree so he stood up to her. Well let's just say, now they're getting a divorce and I might never see him again."

"Merlin's beard. Why didn't you owl me? Or Fred and George, or Miles?"

"I couldn't. She had hidden all of the parchment and whenever I got any, she'd take it and burn it."

"Naomi, you need to reach out to someone. Like Professor Lupin."

"no. He's probably got enough to worry about than me. Pluss, he wouldn't. I know he told me to reach out to him if things got too bad but-"

"but what? Naomi, you're being abused"

"I know but-"

"No. No buts. You're reaching out to someone."

Just then, Fred and George came in. Fred took one look at me and then quickly knelt down in front of me, getting George's attention.

F: "What on earth happened?"

G: "Are you alright, Naomi?"

Na: "I'm fine"

Ne: "hey, where's Miles?"

F: "Transferred to America. No clue why-"

G: "We were just hanging out one day, said we needed a break from him and the next thing you know, he was talking shit about us."

F: "Yup. He got annoyed and moved to America. Anyway. Are we not going to talk about those bruises?"

Na: "No. Hey, Nev? Can I borrow a hoodie, please?"