PROLOGUE | PART TWO

"Fuck

"Fuck." Alfie sighed and pit her phone on her desk. Australia had been canceled.

George came over to her with two cups of coffee in his hands. "What's up."

"Australia is out."

George's eyes widened. "Shit."

Alfie took a sip of her coffee. "Yeah. And my parents are still stuck in Quantico."

George turned to her. "I though they flew out yesterday?"

Alfie shook her head. "Got cancelled. Then the whole country went into lockdown. They're stuck in their hotel."

"Oh shit."

Alfie ran a hand through her hair. "This fucking sucks."

George nodded "You don't have your parents or racing. " he thought for a moment before standing up. "Don't move alright?"

Alfie frowned. "Uh sure but, I - why?"

George walked out of the room backwards, lifting his phone to his ear, "Just wait there."

Alfie was confused but did as she was told.

After a few minutes, George came back into the room. "Pack your bags."

"George we are in an airport."

He frowned slightly, then a look of realization dawned on his face. "Right. Whatever you know what I mean."

Alfie shook her head, "But why?"

He smiled. "I pulled a few strings. You're staying with me, my mum and dad whilst your parents are in the US."

Alfie smiled. She stood up and hugged him. "You didn't have to do that."

George hugged her back. "I don't want you to be alone through this. I mean do you remember back in comp when you went on holiday for 2 weeks and you wouldn't leave my side for months?"

Alfie pocked his back. "I thought we swore not to bring that up Russell."

George laughed into her hair. "Yeah well I thought we agreed you don't call me Russell?"

Alfie smiled. "You are the best friend in the world you know that right?"

George grinned. "Yeah I know."