BONUS : Stressed

meet again

pt 3

Alfie walked into the coffee shop, needing some morning caffeine. She hadn't seen George in five days, hadn't spoken to him, hadn't messaged him. She was still up in the air about their argument, and knew if she went back now, they'd both spiral out of control.

She was waiting by the collection desk when someone knocked their arm into her. She turned to them to give them a mild apology before her eyebrows raised. "Maria?"

Maria's head flipped, her mouth tugging up in a smile. "My word! Alfie Grattan! Oh what a surprise!"

The older woman pulled the Grattan girl into a hug. "It's so nice to see you again." Maria said. She was about to say something else when her eyes flickered down to Alfie's left hand. A small gasp left her mouth. "Oh! That's not George is it?"

Alfie grinned. She had remembered. "Yeah it is."

Maria placed her hands on Alfie's face. "What did I tell you! Oh that's wonderful."

Alfie's smile flickered slightly as her mind wandered back to her and George's argument. "Yeah." she said, her voice not quite meeting Maria's level of enthusiasm.

Maria noticed this, "Is something wrong?"

Alfie waved a dismissive hand. "We had a big fight a couple of days ago. Just, stressed." she admitted.

Maria rubbed her hand on Alfie's shoulder. "Oh dear. Is there anything I could help with?" she offered.

Alfie turned her head to the older woman. "I don't want to be an inconvenience-"

"Nonsense! You go grab that table over there and I'll get your drink my love."

Alfie thanked Maria before she went towards the free table beside the large window. She sat down and took out her phone after hearing it buzz. She had a few messages off of Esteban about the car, a few off Kota asking if she needed anything from the shop, and about five from George.

GEORGE ❤️
alfie where are you

alfie i'm worried

alf

alfie please let me know you aren't dead

GIOVANNAZI HAS SPOKEN TO YOU AND NOT ME? ALFIE WHAT DRUGS HAVE YOU CONSUMED

alfie please message me

ring me

anything

alfie please just let me know your okay

i'm fine
i didn't plan on speaking to giovanazzi he just appeared

alfie oh thank god your okay
i went to kota's but she wouldn't talk to me
alex and lando hadn't heard from you
i was worried

well you've heard from me now
i've got to go okay? i'll be back later.

for how long?