F O U R

RENUNITED (AGAIN)

It had been months

It had been months.

Alfie was sick and tired of being cooped up.

She missed Lando.

She missed Dakota, and May.

She missed Alex.

She missed Pierre and Charles.

She missed George.

And she missed racing.

It was eating her up inside, she was itching to sit in the cockpit, to smell the petrol and to feel the rush of her car.

Until, June 2nd, when F1 announced their return to the tracks around the world.

She finally had a date. 5th of July.

And now, it was the 2nd, and she was heading to the airport to meet up with George.

Both had been tested for Covid, so that they could fly together to Austria, where the first race was being held.

As she drove to the airport, she drummed her fingers on the steering wheel.

She was anxious to see George again. It was like torture not being able to see her best friend for months.

Usually, they worked together, and spent a majority of the year hanging around the paddock with their other friends, but now, they could only speak though screens.

Alfie hadn't even realized she had arrived at the airport until she spotted a man standing by the entrance in a bright orange hi vis and a clipboard in his hands.

He was wearing a face shield and motioned for Alfie to role her window down.

Alfie had expected this and put a mask on herself, just so she didn't make the worker feel uncomfortable.

She let her window down and the man spoke. "Hello there. I'm sorry but I can't let you through unless you have ID." he gestured to the clipboard.

"Yeah no worries."

Alfie delved into her handbag and brought out her drivers license. The man inspected it and his eyes widened. She could see him smiling through the shield.

"Alfie Grattan! No way! My-my daughter idolizes you. She wants to be a racing driver when she grows up, I'm looking into karting for her."

Alfie smiled too. "That's awesome! What's her name?"

"Beth. My wife and I are KISS fans, and we named our daughter after the song."

"Well tell Beth from me that if she believes, she can do it. And not to take any rubbish from anyone."

The man smiled gratefully. "Thank you."

"You're welcome..." Alfie trailed off, not knowing the man's name.