F O U R T E E N

bette

The sound of her alarm woke Alfie up, sunlight burning her eyes as she stumbled out of bed. Waking up early was not something she was good at, even on race day.

She could hear footsteps outside in the hallway, and then the knock on her door "Alf, you decent?"

"Yeah." she called lazily. The door swung open and George poked his head into the room. He was exactly the same as he was the night before, tartan pyjama bottoms and shirtless, but his hair was all tousled and wavy. "Morning." he said, sleepily.

Alfie had to force herself to speak. George shirtless was certainly a sight to see first thing in the on a Tuesday morning. "Yeah, morning."

"What time have we got to be at your Uncle's by?"

Alfie frowned, "I think around one. If we leave at about 11 we should have enough time to go to yours so you can change into something different if you want."

George nodded his head, running a hand through his hair. "Alright. What's the time now?"

Alfie turned around and peered at her clock, "Uh eight thirty."

"How long are you going to need?"

"Uh two hours tops?"

George nodded again. "Okay. Do you mind if I use the shower?"

Alfie shook her head, giving George a small smile. George returned the gesture before leaving the room. Alfie let out a breath. If George was going to continue popping up shirtless, there was going to be a problem.

Alfie frowned. She'd never been weird about George before. She snapped herself out of her thoughts, by heading towards the wardrobe to choose an outfit waiting for George to get out of the bathroom.

It was only then Alfie remember she would be seeing her cousin, and internally groaned.

It was going to be a long day.

George was waiting for Alfie to finish up before they drove to his hose in order for him to change into some more appropriate clothing. He was scrolling through his phone, when he heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up and was blown away by Alfie's appearance.

She was wearing a long dress, which had a small slot in the side. Around the waist, there was a piece of lace, which exposed part of her skin. The light blue fabric hugged her curves, and her hair was curled slightly, resting on her shoulders. Her ballet style shoes matched the colour of the dress, and she had applied her makeup flawlessly. He was in awe of her.

Alfie saw him looking at her and smiled awkwardly. "What?" she asked.

George shook his head slightly. "Nothing, you look beautiful."