BONUS : Questions

every question has an answer
Part Two

"What does it look like I'm doing?" George asked, as Alfie watched him crouch down on one knee.

Alfie was in disbelief. Was he really going to-

"Wait for me whilst I tie my laces?" George asked her, smiling innocently.

Alfie shook her head slightly, scoffing. "Mature." She said, as she walked away, George getting up and running after her, laughing to himself.

"What? I was just doing my laces." George said as he caught up to Alfie. He saw her expression and let out a noise of realisation. "Did you think I was going to-"

Alfie was smiling slightly, but was trying to keep her face straight. " I mean the dinner, the walk. And you kept checking you're pockets every five minutes for something."

"What like this?"

"Yeah exactly like tha-" but Alfie stopped herself as she saw what George was showing her.

In his hand was a small black box, covered in velvet. Without taking his eyes off her, George crouched down again onto one knee, taking a shaky breath as both their expressions turned into more serious ones.

George settled himself down on the floor and slowly opened the box. Inside was a small banded ring, with a single diamond in the middle.

Even though the design was simplistic, Alfie felt her heart saw as George cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"Alfie Grattan, you have been by my side from the moment we first met. I can remember ever single time you've helped me, been there for me. Alfie I love you more than life itself, and I don't want to spend my life standing next to anybody but you."

Alfie was tearing up, and so was George. Alfie crouched down informer of George, so they were face to face. Alfie was smiling with complete and utter devotion at the man before her. She felt the exact same. There was no one she'd rather spend her life with, other than George.

"Alfie Odette Grattan," George said, as Alfie let out a small laugh at what she felt was a ridiculous sounding middle name.

"Will you marry me?"

George smiled and Alfie looked down at the floor, sobbing slightly as she answered.

"No."

George's face dropped.

He hasn't expected that. At all.

But Alfie's small laugh was enough to assure him she was joking. She looked up at him, still teary eyed, an apologetic smile on her face. "Payback. Sorry."

"Would you just answer the question properly before I burst." George said, letting out a half laugh, half sob.

"Yes. Of course I'll marry you."

George threw his head back in triumph and took the ring out of its box. After placing it back into his pocket, he took hold of Alfie's left hand, sliding the ring onto her finger, swiftly pulling her into a hug.

The pair were sobbing uncontrollably as they stood in the last minutes of sunlight, embracing each other.

George pulled away fro the hug slightly and cupped Alfie's face. He wiped away the few tears on her face, and pulled her into a kiss. Alfie threw her arms around George's neck, and George's slid from her cheeks to her waist, pulling her as close to him as she could possibly be.

After they pulled away, Alfie settled her hands on George's shoulders and looked up at him. "Everyone knew didn't they?" She asked.

"Everyone bar Nicky. I knew he'd tell you the second he saw you if he knew." George admitted.

Alfie laughed at her fiancés joke, and shook her head still smiling.

George was going to be her husband.

And it felt right.

-

BADA

GEORLFIE ENGAGEMENT

MERRY CHRISTMAS