BONUS : Front Row

not even hamilton could match the pace

*this chapter will mention Anthoine Hubert's crash*

There had been a red flag after Lando had crashed at Eau Rouge, and Alfie was feeling nervous. She was the only Alpine in Q3, Esteban having dropped out in Q2, and she was desperate to gain a good staring position for Sunday's race.

She was scared for Lando too. He'd had a large crash in the same place Anthoine did. She had had a small panic in the cockpit, until she saw Lando jump out with the Medical team. She breathed a sigh of relief when she realised he was able to get out, and turned her focus back Qualifying.

Both her and George had managed to get into Q3, George's third time this season, Alfie's seventh. She wanted George to do well, but at the same time, the racer inside her wanted to beat him desperately, and she knew George felt the same way.

After about ten minutes, they were given a five minute warning before the restart, and the mechanics began to move around the car, getting things prepared.

After Alfie had finished her lap, she immediately went onto her radio and spoke to May. "How'd I do?"

"That's P5 Alf! Brilliant! Best start this season!" May said, her voice filled with delight.

Alfie let out a small 'Whoop!' "Yes that's how you do it! Great work guys. Where did George finish?" she asked.

"Don't know, I'll check now." May said.

She was gone for a few seconds, before Alfie heard her gasp. She winded her eyes. "What?"

May came back on the radio, her voice filled with glee. "George is starting P2 tomorrow."

Alfie's mouth dropped. "Shut up! That's amazing!" she grinned to herself, and thought about how happy George must be.

P2, in a Williams.

She was so proud as she pulled into Parc Ferme, seeing the Redbull of Max on Pole, and George's William's to his right. She saw George get out of the car and hug a few of his crew, before heading towards his little desk, where he removed his helmet and placed his cap on his head.

She got out of her own car, took off her helmet and hugged a few of her crew members before she walked over to George. He spotted her walking towards him, and grinned broadly at her.

Alfie gaped at him. "P2?" she said in disbelief.

George walked towards her, meeting her in the middle. "I know." he said in the same tone.

They pulled eachother into a large hug, and Alfie placed her head on George's shoulder, with him settling his head into the crook of her neck.

"I'm so proud of you." she whispered to him, as he clung onto her. He sniffed slightly, and Alfie shook her head, "No, no no no no, don't cry. If you cry, I'll cry and I'm not wearing my water-proof mascara." she said jokingly.

George let out a breathy laugh. He moved his head slightly so he could speak, still holding Alfie in a tight hug. "I desperately want to kiss you."