S E V E N T E E N

giovanazzi

It was finally Alfie's home race. Silverstone had always held a special place in Alfie's heart, having been the first Grand Prix she attended, and now she was able to race around the circuit. It was a teyley a dream come true.

Alfie knew that she had to focus this week, after the meeting with her cousin. After what George had said, she was determined to not let Bette's comments weigh her down.

George and Alfie hasn't spoken to eachother after the dinner. George had dropped her home, before going back to his, and neither of them reached out to one another.

Friday's practise had gone quite well, and so had the morning. Alfie knew she had to keep her head down for qualifying.

She walked dinto the garage towards May, her race engineer, who told her where she needed to improve along certain points of the track.

"That's all I think." May said as she reached the bottom of the (quite small) list of improvements.

Alfie nodded, but frowned when she realised May looked slightly annoyed. "You alright?"

"Yeah, uh I was meant to tell you but I thought it would distract you, but-" she gestured to something behind her, and Alfie turned around.

"Great."

Antonio stood in the garage, examining the car. He wasn't supposed to be at Silverstone this weekend, but it was just Alfie's luck that he decided to show up when she needed her confidence more than ever.

He looked up from the car, caught eyes with Alfie and winked at her. Alfie furrowed her eyebrows and turned around swiftly. May scrunched up her face in disgust "Gross."

"Yeah."

May looked back down at her friend, "Hey, don't think about it. Have a good session."

Alfie gave May a smile before heading off to get her helmet. Unfortunately for her, she had to pass Giovinazzi on the way there,vut she refused to look at him. "Hey Grattan."

"Hi."

"Have a good session." she could practically feel the smug smirk on his face.

"Thanks."

Alfie squeezed passed him, and he watched her as she walked away.

Alfie was sat down behind the Alfa Romeo building in the paddock; head in her hands after the disappointing qualifying. Last. She had finished last. Even Nicholas had a better time than her in the Williams.

George had been right. Bette had got into her head, and now her race pace had dropped.

Footsteps approached the Grattan girl as she sat down on floor. She removed her hands from her face and looked up at the person stood before her.

"What do you want?"

"Just came to say I'm sorry for that quali." Antonio said. His response wasn't what Alfie was expecting, she thought a sarcastic comment would have been involved, but she was wrong.