S I X

RACE ENGINEERS AND PIT CREW

It had been a few hours since George and Alfie had arrived in Austria and Alfie was currently laying on her hotel bed, trying to sleep for a little bit until she was called in by May to work through somethings before the weekend

That was all discarded when her phone began to buzz. She groaned and answered it.

"The person you were trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please try again later." She said.

"Unless you would like me to tell Fred your sleeping I suggest you get your ass down here so you don't get a license point." Came May's voice through the phone.

"Ugh do I have to?"

"I know he's a dick but he's still your boss for this season." May tried to reason.

"I'll be there in 30."

"Love you."

"Love you too M."

Alfie threw her phone on the bed and began to get ready. Alfa Romeo shirt on, she headed down the stairs of the hotel, out of the door, and into the street.

She greeted people as she walked, sun blazing down on her as she approached the paddock.

She spotted the large Alfa Romeo building and entered. She said hellos to the workers and she knocked on the door to the conference room.

"Come in!"

Alfie opened the door, and saw Fred, May, Kimi and a few of the pit crew around the desk. "Sorry, am I late?"

Fred shook his head. "No. Sit." he pointed to the seat opposite May.

Alfie frowned slightly at his harsh tone, but said nothing and sat. May gave her a smile from across the table, which Alfie returned. She had not seen May since last season, and it was good to see her again.

"Well, as you all know, this year is going to be difficult, but we have some new members joining our team, so I would like to introduce you to them when they arrive. " Fred began.

As if it was planned, there were knocks on the door. Fred called for them to come in, and a tall boy, around May's height, slightly taller, with whiskey eyes and dark brunet hair entered.

"Everybody this is Alec Notting. He will be joining us as Crew chief."

Alec nodded to everyone, and when he turned to May, he froze slightly. He gulped and gave her a sheepish wave and a smile. May smiled back and waved at him.

Alec took a seat beside her, and Alfie saw her shift slightly, smiling. When she looked up, Alfie made a face at her and May gave her a glare as if to say 'Shut up.'

Alfie just smirked, but didn't saw anything.

Then it all went wrong.

The door knocked again, and Fred's grin widened. "Come in! Now everyone, this is the newest member of our team, and I am very excited to work with him."