𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER NINETEEN:I PANICKED

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
I PANICKED

SALEM SAT THERE WITH WANDA, a silence taking over the two as neither of them knew had to start. They both had so much that they wanted to say to each other, so many words that they wanted to speak, but they didn't know how to formulate them into sentence. Salem had never been this nervous before. She was known for her sarcasm and her bold words. She was known to be fearless, and the only time she had been nervous or scared was when she had first been rescued by Clint and Natasha.

     Salem's nervous laugh broke the silence, making Wanda look at her. "I've never been so nervous before. And it's definitely a new feeling for me. So. . . uh, bare with me?" Wanda simply nodded in response. "Wanda, I like you, a lot. And, there's a lot that you don't know about me. I get scared and push people away. I have nightmare's that convince me that I was never rescued that night. And I wake up believing it, and it terrifies me. I'm not as confident as I make myself out to be. I use sarcasm as a defense mechanism because it's the exact opposite of who I was as I kid. I'm terrified of serious situations like this one right now. And I'm not perfect but I try my best to be. And. . . this is going to sound so cliché, and I'm already regretting it, but I don't just like you Wanda, I think that I'm in love with you. Enemies to lovers, the most cliché trope that you can get, right?"

     "No, actually, it's not." Wanda shook her head, a smile on her face. "You know when we first met, I hesitated. I don't know why you caught my eye, but you did. And you intrigued me. When I. . . when I did what I did to you and Natasha and the others, I almost immediately felt bad, but only after I did it to you. And I forever owe you and the other's for forgiving me for what I did." Wanda looked at Salem for a moment, cocking her head slightly. "I've never felt anything like this for anyone. But I know I feel something for you Salem, and I'd like to explore that."

     "I would like that very much," Salem nodded. A gasp suddenly fell from Salem's lip, the girl falling from her chair as she fell on her knees. Wanda quickly followed the girl to the ground.

     "Salem? Salem what's going on?" Wanda quickly ushered. She had never been around the girl when she was having a vision, she didn't know why she was crying out in pain with her hands placed so roughly into her temples she thought blood would be drawn. She couldn't sit there and do nothing. Her heart was breaking, watching the girl writhe in pain. Panicking, Wanda placed her hand up to Salem's temple, shooting the magic into her head and trying to find a way to calm the girl down.

     "What happened?" Natasha was quick to run into the room with Clint right behind her, the man having dropped by like her promised Salem he would. The two assassins stopped in their tracks with they saw Salem in Wanda's arms with Wanda letting her chaos magic gently fall through her mind. "Is she alright?"

     "I-I don't know." Wanda answered, glancing up towards the two. "One minute we were talking about. . . us. And the next she was letting out cries of pain. I didn't know what to do, so I panicked and used my powers."

     "It seems to be stopping the pain." Clint noted. "Salem can not only use the power of teleportation, but she also has visions. And whatever you doing seems to be helping her."

     "You aren't upset I used my magic on her?" Wanda frowned.

     "Not if it's helping Sal." Natasha answered, walking towards Wanda and kneeling down so that she could look at Salem. Natasha placed a hand on Salem's head and Wanda removed her magic from the girl's head. Natasha sighed, glancing towards Clint. "This one must've been bad. She's out. Come on, let's take her to her room." Natasha stood up, watching as Wanda carefully picked Salem up bridal style, glancing down at the girl with worried look. She allowed Clint to take Salem from her arms, following closely behind as he entered her room, laying Salem down on the bed.

     "Is she going to be okay?" Wanda questioned.

     "She always pulls through." Clint assured Wanda, placing a reassuring hand on Wanda's shoulder. "When she wakes up, the first thing you need to ask is what she saw."

     "You're not staying?" Wanda frowned.

     "She doesn't like to be crowded when she wakes from a vision." Natasha told the girl. "And I think it should be you when she wakes up." Wanda offered Natasha a small smile and Natasha sent one back. 

     "Just come get us when she's up." Clint spoke and Wanda nodded her head before watching as the two walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. Wanda sat down on the edge of the bed beside of Salem, frowning slightly as she grabbed Salem's hand putting it in her own, hoping she'd be okay when she woke up.

 Wanda sat down on the edge of the bed beside of Salem, frowning slightly as she grabbed Salem's hand putting it in her own, hoping she'd be okay when she woke up