𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT:A DISTRACTION

A DISTRACTION

SALEM SLAPPED A HAND OVER her mouth, trying to hold back her burst of laughter as she watched Steve pull up beside them in the smallest car ever. She snickered in her hand nonetheless and was the first one to get out of the car just as Steve had, pointing to the car. "What am I looking at? Was this―︎" She started snickering again. "Steve, buddy, that is not a getaway car."

"Hello to you too, Sal." Steve simply answered whilst the girl silently continued to laugh to herself. Wanda joined her side as did Clint with Wanda grabbing the girls hand, interlacing their fingers.

"Cap." Clint greeted.

"You know I wouldn't have called If I had any other choice." Steve told him as the duo shook hands.

"Hey man, you're doing me a favor. Besides, I owe a debt."

Steve turned his attention towards Wanda, nodding his head at her. "Thanks for having my back."

The woman cocked her head slightly, glancing at Clint before she looked back towards Steve whilst saying, "It was time to get off my ass." Salem smirked at the comment before meeting Steve's eyes and nodding her head at his silent thanks. She would do anything for the man. She would do anything to keep Wanda safe. She just wished it didn't involve fighting the other half of her family. And she wished Natasha wasn't on the other side.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked.

"He's rarin' to go. Had to put a little coffee in him, but. . . he should be good." Clint answered before he pulled open the van door, making the man inside jump up in surprise. They watched as Scott Lang made his way out of the van with a grunt.

"What time zone is this?" Scott quizzed, looking at Clint before his attention finally fell on Steve, making him stop in his tracks. Salem smiled in amusement at this.

"Come on." Clint said, pushing the man forward. Scott continued to look at Steve with surprise clearly written over his features.

Scott shakes Steve's hand. "Captain America."

"Mr. Lang." Steve nodded his head. Salem exchanged a look with Wanda as she cocked her head slightly, trying to fight off her laughter as she watched Scott excitedly shake Steve's hand. A little too much. She watched as Steve glanced down at their hands before looking back up towards the man.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long." Scott immediately let go once Steve nodded in agreement. "Wow! This is awesome! Captain America." He then turns his head before looking at Wanda and Salem, pointing towards the couple. "I know you too, you're great!" He then looks back towards Steve. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so. . . thanks for thinking of me." And then, his eyes land on Sam. "Hey, man!"