𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:TOP PRIORITY

CHAPTER THIRTY:
TOP PRIORITY

SALEM QUICKLY TELEPORTED FROM THE hangar and appeared beside her girlfriend, holding her in her arms as Wanda was still trying to get over the pain. Salem glanced up when Vision joined their side, glaring dangerously at the android as if daring him to do something.

But his next words made her relax. "I'm sorry."

Salem glanced down at Wanda who nodded her head before Wanda turned towards Vision. "We are too."

"You did what you thought was right." Salem told him frowning slightly as she remembered Natasha's words, regret filling her body. "I wish it hadn't went down like this."

"Neither do I." Vision agreed making Salem meet the androids eyes before offering him the smallest of smiles. "It's as I said, catastrophe."

The two women couldn't hear it, and they didn't pay attention to it, but Tony and Rhodey were quick to go after the quinjet once it took off. And Sam was quick to fly after them, causing Rhodey to call for backup from Vision. But the android was distracted, too bust talking to the two females he had considered to be his closest friends. It was when his head suddenly turned towards Rhodey and them that the two women noticed.

A beam of light fell from his mind stone as he shot towards Sam who was quick to fold his wings, avoiding the blast only for it to hit Rhodey in the chest. A gasp fell from Salem's lips as she watched the man tumble down, but she couldn't see where he was landing, which meant she wouldn't be able to catch him in time. Tony and Sam both flew down to catch the man, but neither of them were able to make it time. Salem stood up, placing a hand on Wanda's shoulder before teleporting as far as she could until her eyes darted around and she found them. She quickly teleported over.

"Rhodey, oh my god." Salem breathed but a shocked gasp fell from her lips when Tony angrily shot a blast at her. Sending her flying backwards. A groan fell from her lips, a hand moving up to her chest as she forced herself to sit up, glaring at Tony who look at the girl with immediate regret feeling his eyes. But she wasn't hurt. Not as hurt as she should have been.

"I couldn't see him." Salem responded with hurt tears. "I'm sorry."

"Sal―︎" But she teleported away from him before he could say anything else. She teleported away from everyone, kneeling there in the middle of the airport and crying. Agony filled her. She knew what this fight had meant. She knew everything was now going to change. And it hurt her. The only family she had, the only family she ever knew, they had split up. It was like a painful divorce and she only had one side to choose.

Her bones ached. Her body was exhausted from how much of her powers she had used. She was so close to passing out. All of this, she couldn't take it. She couldn't hold it in. She couldn't express her rage. So instead, she cried. And it made her feel weak. But she couldn't help it. She could help but cry until she couldn't anymore. Natasha carefully walked up to the girl, own regretful tears brimming her eyes before she forced them away and stood there beside Salem.