𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER TWENTY:STUPID OR AMAZING?

CHAPTER TWENTY:
STUPID OR AMAZING?

A GASP FELL FROM HER lips as she shot up, her eyes snapping open as she let in giant breath's. Her throat felt closed, and she was forced to place a hand towards her throat as if that would somehow help her to breathe. She blinked. Trying to find out her surroundings and where she was her. Her head snapped towards the person that was sitting beside of her bed, looking up at Salem with worry clear on her features.

     "Salem? Salem, are you alright?"

     "Where am I?"

     "Your room." She answered. "Salem, what did you see."

     "What did I―︎" She gasped again, the vision flooding her brain once more. But everything looked so blurry. "Airport. People. Us. . . I think? We were there. A city. Fire. Papers? But not in that order."

     "Can you see what they say?" Wanda quickly asked, doing as Clint and Natasha had asked of her and trying to get as much as she could from Salem before the girl could forget.

     "I can't―︎I can't see it. Why can't I see anything? Why is everything so. . . blurry?" Salem questioned, tears seeming to fill her eyes. Frustrated tears. She hated it. She hated having visions when they showed her absolutely nothing. Wanda was quick to sit beside of her on the bed, grabbing her hand.

     "Hey, it's okay." Wanda assured her, rubbing a thumb across her hand in hopes of giving the girl some kind of reassurance. Salem glanced towards her and Wanda looked at her for a moment before carefully reaching over and wiping away the girl's tears. 

     "I'm sorry." Salem whispered.

     "For what?" Wanda frowned, cocking her head slightly.

     "Well, if I recall correctly, we had been having a much needed conversation." Salem told the girl. "And my stupid powers got in the way. Like they always do."

     "Our conversation was already on the verge of changing to a different topic." Wanda assured her. "And my answer still has not changed when I said that I wanted to figure this out with you. But, I believe that you should rest. Spend time with Clint."

     "He's here?" Salem questioned. Wanda nodded.

     "I told him and Natasha that I would get them once you've woken up." The woman stood up. "I'll tell them you're awake. Rest. And once you've rested, come and find me." Salem looked at her for a moment before nodding her head, watching Wanda walk out of her room. She bit the inside of her cheek, staring blankly at the wall ahead of her. She only looked away when her door was opened once more and Natasha and Clint entered.

     "Hey, kiddo." Clint sat down on the edge of the bed whilst Natasha stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. "How are you feeling?"

     "Like I got hit with a train, how 'bout you?"

     "Her sarcasm's still intact." Natasha spoke, rolling her eyes though her lip moved up slightly in relief.

     "Please, if I were on my deathbed, I would find a way to make my last words be nothing but sarcastic." Salem scoffed, rolling her eyes. Natasha chuckled, shaking her head at the teenager. Salem looked towards Clint. "Of all the days you could've come to see me, you chose the day that my brain wanted to have a spasm."

     "I know right?" Clint sighed, earning an amused smile from Salem. "I can always come back another day."

     Salem pouted. "I don't like it when you leave."

     "I know, Sal. But, I made a promise to Laura."

     "I know, I know, you're retired, done with the superhero bizz, blah, blah, blah." Salem sighed. "Very noble of you. I don't think the rest of us could ever have such commitment. Well, maybe Steve, but besides that. . ."

     "Since we're on the topic of commitment. . ." Clint started. Immediately the teenager groaned. "What's going on with you and Maximoff?"

     "Nothing." The girl mumbled, earning looks from both assassins.  Salem rolled her eyes. "Okay, so, maybe there's something going on between me and Wanda. We haven't really established anything yet, we're just. . . testing the waters. That's actually what we were talking about before I―︎you know―︎passed out from pain."

     "You two are good for each other, you know." Clint told the girl. A small smile fell on Salem's face as she looked at her father figure.

     "Yeah, Nat told me the same thing." She nodded her head.

     Natasha offered the girl a small smile. "Well, get some rest, Sal. When you wake up, I'm sure you and Wanda can finish that conversation." Salem nodded her head before burying herself under the covers, and as soon as she closed her eyes she was out.

When Salem had woken, it was the next day. Clint had gone back to his family, and Wanda had been training with Natasha and Steve in hopes of improving her powers. Salem walked down the hallway, pursing her lips before stopping in front of the room Wanda was training in. She leaned against the door way, her arms crossed over her chest as she watched the woman train. When Steve saw the girl, he was quick to end their training before offering Salem a small smile and a pat on the shoulder as he walked by her.

     "You're alright." Wanda smiled, watching as Salem removed herself from the doorway and walked towards Wanda.

     "That I am." Salem smiled. She stopped when she was only a few inches from Wanda, their faces so close. She bit her lip for a moment in concentration before looking to meeting Wanda's eyes. "Wanda, I'm about to do something either really stupid, or really amazing, and I just need you to flow with it."

     "Alright." Wanda nodded. Salem looked at her for a moment before just taking a leap and placing her lips against Wanda's own. After a moment she pulled away and looked up towards Wanda, nervously.

     "So. . . stupid or amazing?" Salem anxiously asked.

     "I don't know. I didn't really get a good enough. . . sample. Maybe you should try it again?" Wanda suggested. Salem bit back her smile before listening to what the woman had asked and kissing her once again. Wanda gently kissed her back, and it just felt right. They felt so right together, and that was something that both Salem and Wanda could easily agree on.

END OF PART TWO!
Honestly, I haven't decided whether or not I want to put this book on hold like I usually do when I finish a section. I love Salem and I missed writing her, and I only just continued this book. Also, fair warning, this book is actually almost over! There's only two more sections left! What do you guys think? On Hold or just keep on going?

 Also, fair warning, this book is actually almost over! There's only two more sections left! What do you guys think? On Hold or just keep on going?