𝐒𝐢𝐱

Chapter Six:He Killed JARVIS

Chapter Six:
He Killed JARVIS

"ALL OUR WORK IS gone." Bruce spoke just as Salem walked down the steps and into the lab, taking a spot beside Clint. "Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch."

"Ultron." Steve breathes, shaking his head.

"What kind of villain name is Ultron?" Salem asked, her face scrunched up. Clint nudged her side, silently telling her to shut up. She looked up at him and gave the innocent shrug of her shoulders.

"He's been in everything." Natasha sighed, removing herself from the computer and turning to face the other Avengers. "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked, pacing around the room with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Nuclear codes." Maria suggested.

Rhodey nodded his head, pointing at the brunette. "Like nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes?" Natasha quizzed. "He said he wanted us dead."

"Well, technically," Salem started, "he said extinct, not dead."

"He also said he killed somebody." Clint pointed out, trying to hide his amusement as he watched Natasha roll her eyes at Salem being a smart aleck.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria told them with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yes there was." Tony said with realization. He took a device, pressing a button to reveal a destroyed JARVIS. Salem actually gasped out loud as she looked at the AI, a sad frown forming on her features. She's had a lot of interesting discussion with the AI, and would never admit that that the AI was the one she went to when she felt lonely or when everyone was too busy to pay any mind to her.

"This is insane." Bruce muttered.

"That son of a bitch murdered my best friend." Salem frowned. Clint wrapped an arm around the young girls shoulders, taking note of the fact that she truly was upset about this.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Steve spoke up.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is. . . rage." Bruce told them, shaking his head in disagreement at Steve's words. Suddenly, Thor storms into the room, going right up to Tony and placing a hand around his throat whilst lifting him in the air.

"That's a new one." Salem mumbled, her eybrows raising as she watched the interaction.

"Woah, woah, woah! It's going around." Clint told them, though he didn't sound all that concerned for the billionaire playboy.