𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:KIDNAPPING VAN

KIDNAPPING VAN

IT WAS LATER THAT NIGHT, Salem was about ready to fall asleep when an explosion happened outside. It alerted the three, making them stand up and walk over tot he window to look outside where the bright orange cloud of smoke rose into the air.

"What is it?" Wanda asked as Vision appeared beside her.

"Stay here, please." He requested before phasing through the window and flying towards the explosion to check it out. That's when Wanda was quick to turn, using her magic to grab the kitchen knife and throw towards the intruder, stopping it an inch in front of the man's face. Salem turned on her heel and immediately her face lit up when she saw who it was.

Clint used two fingers to move the knife from his forehead, Wanda allowing it to drop to the floor. "Guess I shoulda knocked."

"Clint!" Salem immediately ran towards the man, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey, Sal."

"Oh, my god." Wanda breathed. "What are you doing here?"

He let go of Salem, walking forwards and grabbing two arrows, shooting one onto the side of the counter and the other onto the wall. "Disappointing my kids."

"I'm not disappointed." Salem shrugged.

"I'm supposed to go waterskiing." Clint continued. He grabbed Salem's hand who grabbed Wanda's saying, "Cap needs our help. Come on."

"Clint!" The sound of Visions voice made the three stop in their tracks. "You should not be here." The three turned around.

"Really?" Clint questioned. "I retire for, what, like five minutes and it all goes to shit."

"Please consider the consequences of your actions." Vision warned the man.

Clint stood there, considering his actions before nodding his head. "Okay, they're considered." That's when the two arrows he had shot earlier let out electric shocks, grabbing onto Vision and keeping the android in his place. "Okay, we gotta go." Clint and Salem immediately started running towards the door, Salem stopping as soon as she didn't feel Wanda by her side.

She turned her head to see Wanda standing there. "Babe? Come on."

"It's this way." Clint pointed towards the door.

"I've caused enough problems." Wanda shook her head and Salem sighed, glancing up when she saw Clint jog back towards the girl.

"You gotta help me, Wanda." Clint told her. "Look, you wanna mope, you can go to high school. You wanna make amends, you get off your ass." That's when his eyes caught Vision. "Shit." Vision used the mind stone to destroy the arrows and that's when Salem carefully joined Wanda and Clint's side once more.

Clint went to shoot and arrow at the android only for Vision to phase, allowing it to go through him. Vision hit Clint in the chest, sending the man to the floor. Salem immediately glared at the android before watching as Clint kneeled there, grabbing a baton.

"I knew I should've stretched."

He went at Vision again, but Vision phased allowing for the baton to go through him only to then turn his body hard as stone, stopping Clint from hitting him. This action reoccurred in the same pattern until Clint finally broke his weapon by hitting the man, looking at it and tossing it to the ground. Clint went to kick at him only for Vision to phase through him, and then putting the man in a choke hold.

"Vision, stop!" Salem snapped.

"Clint, you can't overpower me." Vision told the man. Salem clenched her jaw as she looked at her father figure, before looking at Wanda with begging eyes.

"I know I can't." Clint answered before nodding towards Wanda. "But she can."

That's when Wanda allowed the red to swirl between her hands. "Vision, that's enough. Let him go." She glanced towards Salem before looking back towards the android. "We're leaving."

"I can't let you." Vision denied. That's when she stretched the ball of chaos, connecting it to the yellow stone which then turned red as she used her powers. Clint slipped through the man's arms and Salem immediately went over to him, pulling him up from the ground and checking on him.

"I'm sorry." Wanda told him before making Visions body extremely heavy to the point that the floor was breaking underneath him.

"If you do this. . . they will never stop being afraid of you."

"I can't control their fear, only my own." Wanda responded before sending the ball of chaos towards him, sending Vision down through several floors until he reached the ground underneath the building and was knocked out. Salem and Clint looked over the giant hole and down at Vision.

"Ooh. . ." Clint mumbled.

"That was hot." Salem whispered, making Wanda glance at her and for Clint to raise an eyebrow of amusement at her.

"Come on, we got one more stop." They made it outside to the white van that Clint had brought with him, causing Salem to stop in her tracks, cocking her head slightly before turning her head to look at Clint.

"This is a kidnapping van."

"It's not a kidnapping van."

"It's a giant white van that only has passenger and driver windows."

"Well, I guess he is technically kidnapping us." Wanda told her, shrugging her shoulders.

"But we're not going against our will." Salem pointed out. "Ooh, are we kidnapping the other guy we're picking up?"

"No one's being kidnapped." Clint sighed. "Just get in the van."

"Yes sir!" She gave him a salute and Wanda chuckled before getting in the back with Salem sitting in the passengers seat. "Now, who's this man that we're supposedly not kidnapping?"

"Scott Lang. Also known as Ant-Man." Clint answered, driving away from the compound.

"Does he turn into an actual ant?" Salem questioned.

"I don't know." Clint shrugged. "I'm just doing what I was told to do."

"I don't know, Clint. I don't think Steve would like the idea of kidnapping someone."

"No one is being kidnapped."

"Mhm, whatever you say pal." Salem hummed before turning her head to look out the window, an amused and accomplished smile falling on her face.

" Salem hummed before turning her head to look out the window, an amused and accomplished smile falling on her face