𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:THE BATTLE OF SOKOVIA PT

CHAPTER TWELVE:
THE BATTLE OF SOKOVIA PT. 1

SALEM STOOD THERE, PLACING HER weapons into their rightful places before nodding to herself and turning to head towards the jet only to stop in her tracks as a searing pain entered her head. She let out a gasp, catching her fall with her palm as she leaned against the doorway. She watched image after image flash before her eyes. Robots, Ultron, Fire, Dust, Blood, Pietro. When the visions went away, she felt her body fill with concern.

She let out a shaky breath before walking out of the room and making her way to the jet. She waited patiently as everyone started to join, her eyes staring blankly at the floor as Steve started to speak.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." Steve told him, his eyes falling on everyone. Salem slowly moved her eyes away from the floor, looking up only to meet Wanda's gaze. They looked at each other for a few seconds, Salem's eyes still filled with a touch of anger at what the girl had done, slowly starting to realize that she didn't exactly know any better. Salem was the one to look away, moving her eyes to look at Steve who continued his speech. "All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

They landed the jet and everyone went to go do their own thing, most of which was keeping the people protected. They ushered them out of buildings, leading them out of the city in hopes of avoiding any danger whilst Tony talked to Ultron. They ushered people into their cars, Steve directing them across the bridge in hopes of getting as many out of the city as they possibly could. And then suddenly, robots started to break out from underneath the ground. Hundreds of robots started to fill the city and Salem let out a growl of annoyance. She flipped her knife in her hand before teleporting on top of one of the robots and stabbing it in the neck. She repeated the action over and over, making sure not to jump onto the robots that Clint was shooting his arrows at.

"Well, this escalated quickly." She breathed from her spot beside of Clint. His eyes scanned the robots as he knocked two more arrows into his bow.

"You're telling me."

Salem jumped back into action, her knife stabbing into the neck of a robot, killing it before she teleported over to another one and used her hands to rip its head off. Salem stopped in her spot as the ground started to shake, she exchanged a look with Clint. They helped the people out that were in their area, when suddenly Salem slapped Clint's arm, gaining his attention. They both turned their heads to watch as part of the city started to go lower and lower, both realizing that the city was starting to rise.