Chapter Sixteen

When the two girls walked into Étoile they immediately sat down at the bar and started ordering drinks while talking. "Did Ryan text you back yet. He said he would" Kathrine said "no not yet. Why" Megan responded, "I asked him to text you after work" "could you please stop trying to get me Ryan" alright fine. I'll be right back". Then Kathrine stood up and went to the bathroom expecting to see other people there but it was completely empty. Once she was finished in the bathroom she headed back towards the bar to talk with Megan and drink. As soon as she sat down she noticed her phone saying it was midnight, "finally you're back". Their conversation was soon interrupted by Megan's phone beginning to ring, "I have to take this. Be right back". Then Megan stood up from her seat and walked into the nearest hall to answer the phone call from Ryan. Once Megan left an invisible astral projection of Barbas appeared behind Kathrine and she had no idea. He waved his hand over Kathrine and learned that she is afraid of her friends finding out she is a witch. Barbas smiled then whispered something in Kathrine's ear making her do anything that he wanted. "Megan knows about you. She knows everything. She and your friends are waiting for you to leave so they could get rid of you. You need to leave before they find you," Barbas said. Right when he said that she could see Megan walking back to the table so she freaked out and ran outside. Before she could get to her car she noticed Megan and a few of her other friends walking right towards her. "What are you guys doing here," Kathrine asked cowardly "shut up witch," Megan said "what the hell is wrong with you" "what's wrong with us. We aren't the ones who lied about who we are". She quickly tried to get in her car but by the time she opened her door, Megan grabbed her and threw her to the ground. Kathrine screamed with fear as Megan started pouring gasoline all over her and before she could throw the match Kathrine died of a heart attack. While that was happening Barbas was watching and smiling and once Kathrine died the illusion disappeared.

                                                           The Next Day

Once everyone woke up they all went into the kitchen to get breakfast and to talk with each other but mostly to check on the twins. While they were sitting at the table Sean grabbed some eggs and bacon then started cooking breakfast for everyone. "After breakfast, I have to get ready for work so before I go is there anything you need," Dylan said to Jayda "I would love some quiet and everyone to stop worrying about me," she said, "alright calm down". She rolled her eyes as Sean started handing everyone a plate of food and coffee but Jayda got water. Before Arianna could finish her food she got a text from Tim telling her to come to work now. "I have to go there is an emergency at work," Arianna said "is it going to involve us," Sean asked "I don't know yet but I'll keep you posted" "okay be safe" "bye" "bye". Then Arianna rushed into her room to get ready so she could get to work and see what was going on. While she was getting ready Dylan decided to get ready for work too since he didn't want to be late again. Instead of walking up the stairs, he decided to flame into his room so he could practice it some more. "Stop using your powers for personal gain" Sean shouted once Dylan flamed in "sorry" Dylan shouted back "you will be sorry when it comes back to bite you in the ass". Once Arianna and Dylan left Michael decided to go into his room to get ready to start his day. After he left Sean sat next to Jayda to talk and make sure she was feeling okay with being home alone with Michael. "Are you sure you don't want me to call out" Sean asked "honey you have to go to work. I'll be fine" Jayda answered "I know but ever since the Elders gave your charges to someone else you haven't been the same" "they didn't give my charges away it's just until I'm better. Now go". They kissed each other goodbye then he left to go get ready for work while she stayed in the kitchen to finish her food. After they were all ready for work they got into their cars and started driving away from the house. While Arianna was driving she noticed police cars and ambulances heading towards the nightclub.

As soon as she got to work she parked her car then ran to one of the cops to try and figure out what happened. Before she could reach the cop her boyfriend Tim grabbed her by the arm and pulled her close to him. "Oh thank god. I thought you were hurt" Arianna said "I'm fine. Where were you" Tim said "I was at home. What happened" "a girl died here last night" "do they know who did it" "I was hoping you would know" "what do you mean" "she was scared to death". Once Tim said those words she knew which demon was responsible for the murder last night. "She didn't just die, she was murdered," Arianna said "what do you mean," Tim asked, "a demon killed her. We fought this demon before but we thought he was gone. I have to tell my brothers". When Tim agreed with her she walked inside and into an empty hallway to quickly call her brothers. Because none of them picked up the phone she started texting them and that's when an invisible astral projection of Barbas appeared right beside her. While she was typing the message talking about the attack and Barbas he started using his suggestion on her. "You know your brothers aren't answering because they are already dead. You have to do something. You have to get revenge and kill Barbas" He whispered "Barbas will pay," Arianna said. Once the invisible astral projection disappeared she saw Barbas enter the employee bathroom. She snuck inside to surprise Barbas then all of a sudden the bathroom door slammed shut. Right, when that happened the walls started closing in on her just like the last time she was attacked. The bathroom stools started breaking and the walls got closer so she ran to the door and tried to open it but it was locked. Arianna screamed for help and banged on the door. When the walls were about to crush her the bathroom door flung open and Tim grabbed her. "Are you okay" Tim asked "my brothers are in trouble I have to go" Arianna replied "Arianna" "what" "you're hair", then she looked in the mirror and noticed a white streak. She asked Tim if he could stay at work while she went to her brothers and once he said yes she ran into her car. Before driving she texted her brothers everything that happened at the club and about Barbas then she left.